Deploy failure

I can debug with my two gingerbread phones (2.3) from Android Studio.
When I try to debug from visual Studio 2017 I receive a deploy error.
I receive the message "there were deployment errors"
I don't understand the cryptic error messages in the logger.
I have set the min sdk to 8. The target version to 2.3. The paths to SDK tools seem to be right. I have started the IDE as administrator.
I re-installed xamarin.
No Luck.
I hope I don't have to go back to using Java with Android Studio, as I prefer c#.

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭

Look in the output window for an error

• johannmahnejohannmahne NZMember

It says the phone does not support the minimum level. I tried sdkVersion 8 and 10.

Here is the output:
    1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    1> test -> C:\Users\jm\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\PROJECTS\test\test\bin\Debug\test.dll
    2>Starting deploy Samsung GT-S5360T ...
    2>Deploying Samsung GT-S5360T ...
    2>Build started.
    2>Project "test.csproj" (Install target(s)):
    2>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin\keytool.exe -list -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -keypass android -keystore "C:\Users\jm\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Mono for Android\debug.keystore"
    2>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin\jarsigner.exe -keystore "C:\Users\jm\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Mono for Android\debug.keystore" -storepass android -keypass android -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg md5withRSA -signedjar bin\Debug\test.test-Signed-Unaligned.apk "C:\Users\jm\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\PROJECTS\test\test\obj\Debug\android\bin\test.test.apk" androiddebugkey
    2>No -tsa or -tsacert is provided and this jar is not timestamped. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2047-11-03) or after any future revocation date.
    2>C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\25.0.3\zipalign.exe 4 "C:\Users\jm\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\PROJECTS\test\test\bin\Debug\test.test-Signed-Unaligned.apk" "bin\Debug\test.test-Signed.apk"
    2>The device does not support the minimum SDK level specified in the manifest.
    2>Done building project "test.csproj".
    2>Build succeeded.
    2>The device does not support the minimum SDK level specified in the manifest.
    2>
    2>Deploy failed on Samsung GT-S5360T
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭

look in the android projects properties and make sure the min android version is set to gingerbread (api level 9) or lower.