How to make Round corner Entry Control Xamarin.Forms

I want to make Round corner Entry Control Xamarin.Forms,please some one help me in this issue

Best Answer

Answers

• Nicolas.ETIENNE.31Nicolas.ETIENNE.31 USMember ✭✭

I would say that custom renderer might be a good solution...

• @Nicolas.ETIENNE.31 Can i have a Sample please?

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @vinodkumarpachimadla,

This is what you need.

Hope it helps, and if it does mark as answer, so other get help too.

-- N Baua

• @N_Baua said:
    Hey @vinodkumarpachimadla,

This is what you need.

Hope it helps, and if it does mark as answer, so other get help too.

-- N Baua

Hey @N_Baua,can't we write a PCL code ,instead of Writing individual,Thank you for your reply.

Hi @vinodkumarpachimadla,

That would be like a patch work, in my opinion.

The simple example is, using AbsoluteLayout, you'll have to set a rounded image behind your Entry control, now imagine, the different screen sizes on which your application would run, that would certainly render your Entry control based on the screen size and would look as usual, however you'll end up with same size of image OR bloated / stretched images for each Entry control.

Further more using this approach, your code will not be a good design/memory efficient etc.

Another approach:

Use Frame and it has CornerRadius and since Frame can contain another control use the Entry within it. However, that UI looks little sloppy, in my opinion.

Check alternatives, try something on your own rather then relying on others opinion which may or may not be aligned to yours.

-- N Baua

• Am getting an error "The shape Element not declared" can you suggest me that how to resolve this

@vinodkumarpachimadla said:
    Am getting an error "The shape Element not declared" can you suggest me that how to resolve this

This is native Android code, so don't expect it to work in XF directly.

• I was fixed it ,thank you .