Problem opening iOS project settings->iOS Build tab.

Hi,

I have problems to open the iOS Build tab in the iOS project settings in Visual studio 2017.
On first opening I got the error: "Path cannot be null. Parameter name: path"
On the second opening I get the error: "An error occurred trying to load the page.Unable to create the designer. File is already opened in an incompatible editor."

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Can anybody help me?

Tagged:

Answers

• AndrewHoffmanAndrewHoffman USUniversity ✭✭

I have also been running into this for the last several weeks. I've resorted to opening the csproj file in Notepad++ and doing my editing there, but this definitely needs fixed.

• Thanks for the reply. I also looked at the csproject file in a file editor but I could not find anything wrong there...

• HannesGanthaler.6589HannesGanthaler.6589 USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2017

I found a solution:

The problem occurs because I split up my Info.plist file in Info-beta.plist, Info-release.plist to have different package names for different configurations. I add them in the .csproj file as

<None Include="Info-beta.plist" Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == 'Beta' ">
          <LogicalName>Info.plist</LogicalName>
        </None>
        <None Include="Info-debug.plist" Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == 'Debug' ">
          <LogicalName>Info.plist</LogicalName>
        </None>

The only solution what I found is:

Keep the Info.plist file for the Release configuration and the other files like Info-debug.plist file for the Debug config etc.. But in the iOS Build tab you only see the info from the Info.plist no matter which configuration you are selecting.