authentication service is unavailable.

I am having an issue adding a apple developer account to visual studio Mac. this always gives an error "Error adding account - authentication service is unavailable." It was there at one time but I tried to remove and re-add it as a result of the signing certificates not syncing (not showing new certificates.).

I can remove and add the account in Xcode just fine, and it pulls up all of my certificates, just fine from Xcode.

I have also tried many other "solutions" to similar issues in syncing apple developer accounts in the forum to no avail

Answers

• JaaqJaaq MXMember ✭✭

same problem here :confounded:

• JeffCordesJeffCordes USMember

I got a signed build through by leaving no account in the Xamarin IDE by:

going to developer.apple.com and downloading all certificates and provisions, then double clicking them to manually install them into keychain (or Xcode for provisions).

Then, open Xcode go to preferences/accounts and download manual profiles, and ensure you can see the certificates and add the account there.

Then relaunch VSmac/xamarin and the certificates were there to use in the iOS bundle signing page. though the team still says build team... it did build

• ajtajt GBUniversity ✭✭

I have the same issue.

I did get my account added back in. I vaguely remembered visual studio Mac installing an authentication broker when it was first setup.

I found it, and went to the website "LINK" and downloaded the installer script zip file, then ran the install file inside of it. This uninstalled the old one instance, cleared the cache, and installed the new one.

after this I can add the account again, however I get a null reference exception of some sorts. but everything does populate in the iOS bundle signing tab.

Apparently I can not post links because I have a new account. where it says "LINK" above if you google fastlane installer Mac you will find it.

• JaaqJaaq MXMember ✭✭
    edited November 6

https: //docs. fastlane. tools/getting-started/ios/setup/

• SaccomaniSaccomani USMember ✭✭

same issue here!!

• JessicaBlueJessicaBlue USMember ✭✭

bump! same issue...

• JessicaBlueJessicaBlue USMember ✭✭

this appears to be a bug, because this worked before...

• TedRogersTedRogers USMember ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, this has me dead in the water at the moment. Does anybody know whether a bug has been filed?

I was just able to work around this by setting "Team" equal to "None".

@TedRogers I have not filed a bug, It sounds like we should since the only solutions are work arounds. Do you know the official channel to do so?

Now are ok to me!! I just remove all certificates and generate again in apple portal!
    And i reinstall fastlane

@JeffCordes Did you end up entering a bug in Bugzilla?