Forum Xamarin.Forms

Issues with Documents & Data

Hello,

I am using the Xam.Plugin.Media by James Montemagno and I have found an issue that I would like to fix within the code:
Every time a picture is taken and or selected I think the app/plugin stores the image/thumbnail in the apps Documents & Data, my app requires several images be attached to the specific file that is being viewed and the Documents & Data for my app that is 56 KB does get up to 10 GB on some devices.

I need to know where I can make it so the image/thumbnail can be excluded from the Documents & Data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guy

Best Answer

• GuyLemireGuyLemire USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I have finally been able to figure out an easy fix to reducing the size, once the images are removed from the device, the documents and data size shrinks to normal, I don't think this is the best solution, but for now it works.

Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure you're not looking for the SaveToAlbum property? The images will be stored in memory but you dispose of the MediaFile object once you've done what you want with it.

No, I am saving the images to the library, but the app Documents & Data size increases with every picture taken, we clean out the images regularly on the devices, but I still get errors that there is no space on the device, after plenty of research I have found that the only way to clear the Documents & Data is to uninstall the app and reinstall, we currently have over 20 devices in use now and expecting more. These are IOS devices and we do not expect to use Android any time soon.

Accepted Answer

I have finally been able to figure out an easy fix to reducing the size, once the images are removed from the device, the documents and data size shrinks to normal, I don't think this is the best solution, but for now it works.