Xcode is Too New

Hi, I'm unable to open my storyboard. I get the following error:
Xcode is too new. This file has been edited in a version of Xcode which is unsupported by the designer. Documents saved in Xcode 9.1 format, or older, are supported.
This has just started happening? I tried re-building my solution from scratch and got the same error. I'm using Xcode verison 9.1 (9B55) . I thought to install an earlier version but can't see how that's possible. I'm using Visual Studio Community for the Mac.
I know someone has already posted something similar and said that he found a work-a-round but I could follow his solution. I've sent him a message but haven't got a response yet. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

• CeeSharpFanCeeSharpFan USMember ✭✭
    edited November 6

Just started happening to me all of the sudden too. Tried restoring storyboard file from backup with no luck either. Has to be something in the SLN?

Opening and saving in Xcode/changing to a previous version didnt work either.

• CeeSharpFanCeeSharpFan USMember ✭✭

Edit storyboard with xml editor and change the tools version 13196

• BOKABOKA GBMember ✭✭

Steven, I'm at work now, away from my Mac. I'll try it tonight, thanks. So where it says what the tools version is,
    I just need to set this to 13196? Thanks, Brian.

• BOKABOKA GBMember ✭✭

Steven, Changing the tools version to 13196 did not work for me. Now when I open the story board I get the following error:
    The file cannot be openned.
    This file could not be upgraded to the correct format automatically and so cannot be opened. If Xcode is correctly configured then re-saving the file in Xcode may resolve the issue.
    I was unable to open the story board in Xcode.
    Any clues?
    Thanks,
    Brian.

• BOKABOKA GBMember ✭✭

To resolve the 'Xcode is too new' issue, I installed all updates to Visual Studio Community. I no longer got the 'Xcode is too new error'. I got "There was a problem parsing the XML in this document" error. To fix this I removed the tag from the storyboard file and everything worked as expected. Hope this helps.

• PaulCurtisPaulCurtis USMember ✭✭

I see this. You start a new solution it works fine. Open it up later on and something has changed because you see this error. Running on all the latest updates. Very annoying.