Build error after upgrading the xamarin for visualstudio

BalaAKBalaAK INMember ✭✭

Please find the below error

Xamarin.iOS 11.2.0 does not support a deployment target of 11.1 for iOS (the maximum is 11.0)

Give your idea to fix this issue

• DamianMehersDamianMehers CHBeta ✭✭
    edited November 6

I'm getting the same error. Fully upgraded XCode and VS on the Mac, and VS on Windows.

"Xamarin.iOS 11.2.0 does not support a deployment target of 11.1 for iOS (the maximum is 11.0). Please select an older deployment target in your project's Info.plist or upgrade to a newer version of Xamarin.iOS."

I'm guessing i need to roll back to the previous version of Xcode or see if I can install iOS SDK 11.0

• BalaAKBalaAK INMember ✭✭

@DamianMehers can we downgrade the xamarin,ios to 11.0??

if you find any solution please suggest me...

i am also try to fix this issue..

I resolved it by downloading Xcode 9.0.1 from Apple's web site on my Mac, unzipping it and renaming the resulting app "Xcode 9.0.1" and putting it in my Applications folder (alongside the existing 9.1 Xcode).

I then went to Visual Studio on my Mac, Preferences->Projects->SDK Locations->Apple, and browsed to the Xcode 9.01.app. I restarted Visual Studio on my Mac.

On Visual Studio on my PC, I disconnected and reconnected the Mac build server, and then went to my iOS project's properties. I could then select 11.0 from the SDK Version dropdown and rebuild-all successfully.

• BalaAKBalaAK INMember ✭✭
    edited November 7

Hi @DamianMehers Its working..Thank you so much :smile:

• MauroFernandesMauroFernandes PTMember ✭✭

@DamianMehers work like a charm. Thank you :)

• NurlanKutubaevNurlanKutubaev USMember ✭✭

Hi @DamianMehers thank you.
    I hope in the near future to correct this bug.

Looks like this is addressed in the 15.4.3 release that just came out ("Added support for Xcode 9.1 and iOS 11.1"). If you changed the Xcode location above in Visual Studio for Mac, don't forget to change it back.