Can't Add Apple Developer Account to Visual Studio

I'm trying to add a developer account to my visual studio for mac, when I enter my apple Id and password I'm getting another auth box .

Visual Studio wants to access key "deliver.[APPLEID]" in your keychain.
To allow this, enter the "login" keychain password.

I tried using my Apple ID password as well as my computer login password which neither work. I'm not entirely sure what deliver.[APPLEID] is?

• jebkisjebkis DEMember

Same problem here.

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@apmeyers1987 @jebkis

When that dialog appears for access to the keychain, you need to enter your computer login password as that prompt is from macOS.

You might see multiples of these appear in a row. If you enter your password correctly, another pops up. Don't mistake this for a message that you entered the wrong password.

You may also workaround these issues by deleting the deliver.* items in the keychain. I'll have to poke around to find out what exactly these are and come back with a reply.

• jebkisjebkis DEMember

Hello @JohnMiller thanks for your quick reply.

After entering my Apple ID and password in a terminal for fastlane, a password box pops up and i have to enter my computer login 6 times. After that i get an error message:

**Error - Adding Account - 'AccountName'
    Failed to parse PList data type: **

My intend is to add Pushnotifications in Info.plist. if there is any other way to do so i would be glad to know.

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@jebkis,

After this issue happens, could you zip and attach the logs from the Help > Open Log Directory menu?

• jebkisjebkis DEMember

@JohnMiller
    I was mistaken, i used Xamarin Studio not Visual Studio for Mac.
    Today i installed Visual Studio for Mac and had no problems to add the developer account.

Archive.zip is attached.
    I reproduced the issue on Xamarin Studio.
    The Logs are from Xamarin Studio.

You can close or mark as answered since to problem is solved in Visual Studio for Mac.

• JerdnaJerdna USMember

Hello. I am also facing the same issue on Xamarin Studio for Mac 6.3 Build 864 when trying to add developer account.

Log report:

Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: The 'hr' start tag on line 5 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'body'. Line 6, position 3.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw (System.Exception e) [0x00027] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlTextReaderImpl.cs:2503
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw (System.String res, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlTextReaderImpl.cs:2486
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch (System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl+NodeData startTag) [0x00086] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlTextReaderImpl.cs:4255
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement () [0x00085] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlTextReaderImpl.cs:4149
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent () [0x00149] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlTextReaderImpl.cs:3820
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read () [0x00085] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlTextReaderImpl.cs:1166
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant (System.String name) [0x0006a] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/System.Xml/System/Xml/Core/XmlReader.cs:934
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PropertyListFormat+XmlFormat.StartReading (System.IO.Stream input) [0x00031] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:1861
    WARNING [2017-11-14 10:34:04Z]: Failed to synchronize XXXXXXX with Apple's Developer Portal.
    System.ArgumentException: Failed to parse PList data type: ---> System.ArgumentException: Must specify valid information for parsing in the string.
    at System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) [0x00024] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/enum.cs:318
    at System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) [0x00077] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/enum.cs:396
    at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00010] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/enum.cs:370
    at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/enum.cs:362
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PropertyListFormat+XmlFormat+Context.ReadObjectHead () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:1907
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PropertyListFormat+XmlFormat+Context.ReadObjectHead () [0x0002b] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:1909
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PropertyListFormat+XmlFormat+Context..ctor (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x0000d] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:1895
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PropertyListFormat+XmlFormat.StartReading (System.IO.Stream input) [0x00082] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:1871
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PropertyListFormat.CreateReadContext (System.IO.Stream input) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:1208
    at Xamarin.MacDev.PObject.FromStream (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/external/Xamarin.MacDev/Xamarin.MacDev/PListObject.cs:312
    at Xamarin.MacDev.AppleDeveloperServices+c__async0.MoveNext () [0x002ab] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/Xamarin.MacDev.Ide/AppleDeveloperServices.cs:266
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:152
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00037] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:187
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:156
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:128
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:535 at Xamarin.MacDev.AppleDeveloperServices+<ViewDeveloper>c__asyncF.MoveNext () [0x0004b] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/Xamarin.MacDev.Ide/AppleDeveloperServices.cs:881 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:152 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00037] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:187 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:156 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:128 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:535
    at Xamarin.MacDev.AppleDeveloperServices+c__asyncE.MoveNext () [0x00043] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/Xamarin.MacDev.Ide/AppleDeveloperServices.cs:817
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:152
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00037] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:187
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:156
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:128
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:447
    at Xamarin.MacDev.AppleDeveloperServices+c__async1F.MoveNext () [0x0007d] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4470/6c2f6737/source/md-addins/external/maciostools/Xamarin.MacDev.Ide/AppleDeveloperServices.cs:1436
    ERROR [2017-11-14 10:34:04Z]: Error adding account - XXXXXX.. Failed to parse PList data type: