Need an expert help

Hi,
I am an undergraduate college student and in order to graduate, we need to build an app for senior class. We picked to build cross platform app by using Xamarin and coming from heavily Java, we do not have any experience with Xamarin using C#. However, we got stuck on OAuth -user authorization. I have done a lot of research and cannot figure it out. Is there anybody who can help us on this issue? None of my professors are aware on the subject so I cannot get any help. I am ready to pay if it is necessary. Live help (TeamViewer) would be best for us. Sorry posting this kind of question but we are desperate. Thank you.

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/cloud-services/authentication/oauth/

coming from heavily Java, we do not have any experience with Xamarin using C#.

So you decided that your final project would be in a language you don't know? What was the rationale behind that? Did you think you could build an entire cross-platform application with no grasp.. by ... what... copy/paste?

• ebyrockebyrock USMember
    edited October 31
    No, that's not the issue. I have built the app, views, models etc and view vise it is working except authentication via restful api -using .Net web api. And yes, we picked Xamarin because nobody have done such a project using Xamarin which they wanted to be unique on ideas as well as on the technology. Hope that clears.
  • ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

No, that's not the issue.

So the issue is using Auth. Ok. The link I provided earlier should walk you through it