[PRISM] TabbedPage Navigation Clearance

ChasakisDChasakisD USMember ✭✭

I have a MasterDetailPage and the detail of it is a tabbedpage. I am navigating to the tabbed page with the uri "MasterDetailPage/NavigationPage/TabbedPage". In the tabbed page I invoke the OnNavigatingTo Event for all of its children with PageUtilities.OnNavigatingTo. In a page of the tabbedpage i navigate to another page via the uri "SecondPage" and useModalNavigation to false. My problem is that while the OnNavigatingTo Event of the "SecondPage" is invoked, the OnNavigatedFrom is never called. May i messed up with the navigation or is there something else i could try?

Best Answer

• ChasakisDChasakisD USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Actually in my ViewModelBase i implemented INavigatingAware. I'm so dumb.. Thanks by the way!

Answers

• BrianLagunasBrianLagunas USInsider ✭✭✭

You should upgrade to the latest preview of Prism 7.0. It has a ton of bug fixes around tabbed pages. You will be able to remove any custom code to call the INavAware methods.

Test it out and let me know if you are still having issues.

I updated to the latest preview of Prism and removed any custom code. The OnNavigatingTo event of the SecondPage is called but OnNavigatedTo and OnNavigatedFrom are never invoked, as before.
  • BrianLagunasBrianLagunas USInsider ✭✭✭

Can you throw together a sample that reproduces the issue?

Accepted Answer

Actually in my ViewModelBase i implemented INavigatingAware. I'm so dumb.. Thanks by the way!