.NET Standard F# templates in VisualStudio for Mac?

knocteknocte GBMember ✭✭
edited October 28 in Xamarin.Forms

I'm looking to start using Xamarin.Forms with F#, and now that version 2.4.0 supports .NET Standard, seems like a good time to jump in.

However, looking at the 2.4.0 release notes I see the warning ".NET Standard project type support is still developing in Visual Studio for Mac. You may observe issues with file nesting, file reference duplication, and other oddities (especially with xaml.cs files). Much of this may be worked around manually by removing those references in the csproj file. We recommend waiting for an update and service release to Visual Studio for Mac. The work to improve this support is being tracked here." The bug linked in this warning is now marked as fixed, and VERIFIED to be working on Version 7.2.2 (build 7) of Visual Studio for Mac, great!

Stable version is still v.7.2 (not 7.2.2), but Beta channel is 7.3.0.708. Can someone tell me if they have added .NET Standard F# templates for this in this new version? (I only see Portable|Shared ones in the stable channel.) Otherwise it might not be worth it to upgrade.

Thanks