Could not copy the file "obj/iPhone/Release/AppName.exe.manifest" because it was not found.

I have seen so many threads about "Could not find the file ..." but no one about copy this *.exe manifest, at this point i tried:

1) Close solution, close VS, delete obj & bin folders, clean/build.
2) Double check, triple check, N checks to have same XF versions on all projects.

Seems like to everybody these solutions worked, nope for me.

If it is helpfull i'm using this:

=== Visual Studio Community 2017 for Mac ===

Version 7.2 (build 636)
Installation UUID: 46ce1fa5-42ac-499f-9503-2ab78fba9354
Runtime:
Mono 5.4.0.201 (2017-06/71277e78f6e) (64-bit)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

Package version: 504000201

=== NuGet ===

Version: 4.3.1.4445

=== .NET Core ===

Runtime: /usr/local/share/dotnet/dotnet
Runtime Version: 2.0.0
SDK: /usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk/2.0.0/Sdks
SDK Version: 2.0.0
MSBuild SDKs: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/5.4.0/lib/mono/msbuild/15.0/bin/Sdks

=== Xamarin.Profiler ===

Version: 1.5.6
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Profiler.app/Contents/MacOS/Xamarin Profiler

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 9.0 (13247)
Build 9A235

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 11.2.0.11 (Visual Studio Community)
Hash: 2f8bbec0
Branch: d15-4-xi
Build date: 2017-10-05 20:56:05-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 8.0.0.33 (Visual Studio Community)
Android SDK: /Users/consulting/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
6.0 (API level 23)
7.0 (API level 24)
7.1 (API level 25)

SDK Tools Version: 25.2.5
SDK Platform Tools Version: 25.0.5
SDK Build Tools Version: 25.0.3

Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

Android Designer EPL code available here:
(Forum do not let me post links yet)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 3.8.0.49 (Visual Studio Community)

=== Xamarin Inspector ===

Version: 1.3.2
Hash: 461f09a
Branch: 1.3-release
Build date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 18:26:57 GMT
Client compatibility: 1

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 702000636
Git revision: b349c8fc0c2e1aab0179917d56eed75eb3a03337
Build date: 2017-10-06 15:20:04-04
Xamarin addins: a8da992c78f7eb65b3cdb3f951c34a30337cab35
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-d15-4

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.12.6
Darwin 16.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.7.0
Thu Jun 15 17:36:27 PDT 2017
root:xnu-3789.70.16~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

And the error shown:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/5.4.0/lib/mono/msbuild/15.0/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4514,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "obj/iPhone/Release/AppName.exe.manifest" because it was not found.

(I replace the real name of my application for the 'AppName' prefix)
If anyone has a real solution to this, i'll appreciate.

Thanks.
MG.

Answers

  • MarcoMarinangeliMarcoMarinangeli USUniversity ✭✭

    Did you find any solution? I'm stuck with the same problem :neutral:

  • MarcoMarinangeliMarcoMarinangeli USUniversity ✭✭

    I ended up adopting a hack... i don't know if it could get consequences:

    I opened MyApp.iOS.csproj with a text editor and replaced this line

    true
    with this
    false

    I have no idea of what i've done but now it compiles...

  • manuelgalindogmanuelgalindog MXMember ✭✭

    Hi @MarcoMarinangeli,

    I tried that and did not work,

    What i did was change the output path from bin to obj folder, so the compiler found the file.
    I think that's the worst possible workaround but it worked. After this, i was capable even to upload the app to AppStore without problems.

    Idk if this issue has a real solution. It's nice to know that you found a solution too.

    Regards
    MG

Sign In or Register to comment.