Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

TFS 2015 Server Xamarin.iOS Build Failing " A default keychain could not be found."

We have a 2015 TFS Server and a Mac Mini with a MacOSAgent running successfully. I can trigger a build on the mac from TFS successfully and our iOS Solution build successfully in Visual Studio 2017 for windows when connected to the same mac.

However when trying to trigger the build from TFS it keeps failing and we get the following errors:

security: SecPolicySetValue: One or more parameters passed to a function were not valid.
security: cert import failed: A default keychain could not be found.
security: problem decoding
Xamarin.iOS task failed with error Error: /usr/bin/security failed with return code: 1. For guidance on setting up the build definition, see 

I have a login.keychain and it is set to default and has the appropriate keys, etc all there plus the provisioning profile is there as well. Can someone help here - have been trying to figure this out for weeks now.

Partial Log from Build is below:

1 identity imported.
/usr/bin/security list-keychain -d user
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db"
/usr/bin/security list-keychain -d user -s /Users/connect/connectagent/_work/1/s/_xamariniostasktmp.keychain /Applications/Xcode.app/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db
/usr/bin/security list-keychain -d user
"/Users/connect/connectagent/_work/1/s/_xamariniostasktmp.keychain"
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db"
/usr/bin/security find-identity -v -p codesigning /Users/connect/connectagent/_work/1/s/_xamariniostasktmp.keychain
1) 6CD4D78349848076EBC5C2096B9A9174DC67D397 "iPhone Distribution: XXXX Inc. (XXXXXXXXXX)"
1 valid identities found
/usr/bin/security cms -D -i /Users/connect/connectagent/_work/1/s/XXXX/XXXX.iOS/9b270ea6-9acc-432a-9654-52f240e82719.mobileprovision
security: SecPolicySetValue: One or more parameters passed to a function were not valid.
security: cert import failed: A default keychain could not be found.
security: problem decoding
Xamarin.iOS task failed with error Error: /usr/bin/security failed with return code: 1. For guidance on setting up the build definition, see

• philjohnson3philjohnson3 Member ✭✭

hi there, did you ever figure this out? getting the same issue here as well.