Failed to install DeviceAgent iOS 11.0 Simulator

I was able to reproduce this error using the sample project CreditCardValidator. I updated the TestCloud.Agent and the UITest package and set the app to build for both x86_64 and i386.

SetUp : Xamarin.UITest.XDB.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install DeviceAgent

ExitCode: 1

-c,--codesign-identity  <codesign-identifier> [OPTIONAL]    Identity used to codesign app bundle [device only]. Deprecated - should use profile path.   DEFAULT=
    -d,--device-id  <device-identifier> iOS Simulator GUID or 40-digit physical device ID
    -i,--resources-path <resources-path> [OPTIONAL]     Path to resources (executables) to inject into app directory. A list of colon separated files may be specified.
    -p,--profile-path   <profile-path> [OPTIONAL]   Path to provisioning profile
    -u,--update-app <should-update-app> [OPTIONAL]  When true, will reinstall the app if the device contains an older version than the bundle specified DEFAULT=1
install <app-path>

Error installing application: Error Domain=com.facebook.FBSimulatorControl Code=0 "Simulator does not support any of the architectures ([x86_64, i386]) of the executable at /var/folders/cc/w99g7tzs2pz7sc_d44ks6kpc0000gp/T/xdb/DeviceAgent.iOS.Dependencies/ef04601147daac30ef0dccc3027a2bd4/app/DeviceAgent-Runner.app/DeviceAgent-Runner. Simulator Archs ([(null)])" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Simulator does not support any of the architectures ([x86_64, i386]) of the executable at /var/folders/cc/w99g7tzs2pz7sc_d44ks6kpc0000gp/T/xdb/DeviceAgent.iOS.Dependencies/ef04601147daac30ef0dccc3027a2bd4/app/DeviceAgent-Runner.app/DeviceAgent-Runner. Simulator Archs ([(null)])}

Versions:

Visual Studio Community 2017 for Mac Version 7.2 (build 636)
Xcode 9.0.1 (13249) Build 9A1004
Xamarin.iOS Version: 11.2.0.11
Mac OS X 10.12.6
Xamarin.TestCloud.Agent Version 0.21.1
Xamarin.UITest Version 2.1.4
NUnit Version 2.6.4

Best Answer

Answers

• MichaelVentusMichaelVentus AUMember
    edited October 26

I get the same thing, but only for iPhone 8 and iPhone X simulators.

iOS11 for iPhone 7 and below seem to work okayish (I have other random issues). ->
    SetUp : System.Exception : Unable to determine simulator version for XXXX simulator.

Even though it seems to find the same simulator for other tests.

I'm running:

VS - 7.3
    Xamarin.iOS - 11.4.0.93
    Xamarin.UITest - 2.1.4
    MacOS - 10.12.6
    Xcode - 9.0.1

• KohCheanSiongKohCheanSiong USMember ✭✭

Same for me too, I make the testing in iOS 10.0.3 as a temporary solutions and waiting for an updates/fixes.

• MariaAlexandrovaMariaAlexandrova USMember ✭✭

Same error for me. Workaround with using iPhone 7 simulator helped.

• @MichaelVentus said:
    I get the same thing, but only for iPhone 8 and iPhone X simulators.

iOS11 for iPhone 7 and below seem to work okayish (I have other random issues). ->
    SetUp : System.Exception : Unable to determine simulator version for XXXX simulator.

Even though it seems to find the same simulator for other tests.

I'm running:

VS - 7.3
    Xamarin.iOS - 11.4.0.93
    Xamarin.UITest - 2.1.4
    MacOS - 10.12.6
    Xcode - 9.0.1

Same error for me too, works as stated above. Just updated Xamarin to Release: 15.4.2 with the same results.

• JoshuaLogueJoshuaLogue USUniversity

I'm seeing a similar issue in both simulator and on a device.
    I'm running:
    Xcode 9.1
    VS 7.2.2
    Xamarin.iOS 11.3.0.47
    Xamarin.UITest 2.2.0

Here's the error I get:

SetUp : Xamarin.UITest.XDB.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install DeviceAgent

ExitCode: 8

-c,--codesign-identity  <codesign-identifier> [OPTIONAL]    Identity used to codesign app bundle [device only]. Deprecated - should use profile path.   DEFAULT=
        -d,--device-id  <device-identifier> iOS Simulator GUID or 40-digit physical device ID
        -i,--resources-path <resources-path> [OPTIONAL]     Path to resources (executables) to inject into app directory. A list of colon separated files may be specified.
        -p,--profile-path   <profile-path> [OPTIONAL]   Path to provisioning profile
        -u,--update-app <should-update-app> [OPTIONAL]  When true, will reinstall the app if the device contains an older version than the bundle specified DEFAULT=1
    install <app-path>

Error getting device with ID 50b47b5a68908652b35bc8877a0a3443ef42e12f: Error Domain=com.facebook.FBControlCore Code=0 "Failed to load device console entries" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to load device console entries}

• Nomad461Nomad461 USMember ✭✭

Thanks @Kent.Green, it looks like things are back to normal with XCode 9.1 and iOS 11.x