Distributing iOS Enterprise Apps built with Xamarin

Hey all,
Recently, with the iTunes 12 update, the option to install iOS Enterprise applications (In-House) from iTunes was removed. This was the only way documented by the Xamarin team to distribute their Enterprise applications as you can see:

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/deployment,_testing,_and_metrics/app_distribution/in-house-distribution/

The official documentation of Apple doesn't offer much help if you have not created your app with Xcode. Therefore I have created a simple guide about how to distribute your enterprise app from a secure web server:

http://www.clearpeople.com/insights/blog/2017/october/distributing-ios-enterprise-apps-built-with-xamarin

I hope this helps you ;)

• ConwayConway USMember ✭✭

Although iTunes 12 has removed app installation support via the UI, there is still a hidden way to install Enterprise apps. In the iTunes sidebar, your device name is listed in the Devices section. Dropping an Enterprise .ipa file onto the device name is suppose to install it, but that hasn't worked for me. The alternative is to right-click and Copy the Enterprise .ipa file in Finder, and then right-click on the device name in the sidebar and choose Paste.

• Jorge.Garcia.CPJorge.Garcia.CP ESMember ✭✭

@Conway said:
    Although iTunes 12 has removed app installation support via the UI, there is still a hidden way to install Enterprise apps. In the iTunes sidebar, your device name is listed in the Devices section. Dropping an Enterprise .ipa file onto the device name is suppose to install it, but that hasn't worked for me. The alternative is to right-click and Copy the Enterprise .ipa file in Finder, and then right-click on the device name in the sidebar and choose Paste.

Thanks for the information, it's very useful. Dropping the .ipa file hasn't worked for me too. Anyway, in many cases, I prefer secure web server because is an easy way to instal for a person without technical knowledge (this is the case of my final users).