What is "Error APT0000: Cannot find attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'. (APT0000)"?

This just started happening today in our PCL on Android building from Visual Studio on a Mac with OS High Sierra. My co-worker building the same project on his Windows 10 machine has no problems at all. I just got a fresh pull from the repository too. No changes added.

This is the full error (I get it twice):

Error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'. (APT0000) (Project.Android)

Here is what I find of it online:

https://www.google.no/search?q=Error+APT0000:+1:+error:+Error:+No+resource+found+that+matches+the+given+name:+attr+'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.+(APT0000)+(Smiley.Android)&client=safari&rls=en&dcr=0&filter=0&biw=1479&bih=911

There is nothing on this. I don't know how to fix this. It prevents me from building for Android. Please help.

Answers

• HunvHunv USMember

I have the same issue with the difference, that I am using OS X El Capitan.
    I created the solution on Windows 10 and tried to use the solution on OS X later. I have the same error as Quakeulf on OS X only.

• QuakeulfQuakeulf NOMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 20

@Hunv said:
    I have the same issue with the difference, that I am using OS X El Capitan.
    I created the solution on Windows 10 and tried to use the solution on OS X later. I have the same error as Quakeulf on OS X only.

I've spent about a day figuring out how to fix this. Commenting out leaves me with a cascade of things to comment out. It is all in generated files neither me nor my co-worker accesses.

• garuda_slapgaruda_slap ARMember ✭✭

I was having same issue on Mac, and then downloaded Android SDK 26 and it worked.

• DarrenMcGrath86DarrenMcGrath86 GBMember ✭✭

I am also having this issue. To update the Nuget pacages it requires a build of Android 8.0 but I believe there is an issue with the Xamarin.Android.Support.Animated.Vector.Drawable.dll package

• PhillipSchullerPhillipSchuller USMember ✭✭

Hmmm. I was getting the same error: blah blah 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster' and thought maybe it was the SDK I was building with and/or targeting, so, in the Xamarin Forms Android project, I lowered the 1.) Application > Target Framework 2.) Android Manifest Minimum Android Version and 3.) Android Manifest Target Android version, trying 6 different SDK versions. The errors changed but the project would never Clean > Rebuild. Here are the versions and the errors:

No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

Android.Content.Res.Resources+NotFoundException: File res/drawable/abc_vector_test.xml from drawable resource ID #0x7f020052 occurred

no change

no change

new error:
    \abc_alert_dialog_button_bar_material.xml:15: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'scrollIndicators' in package 'android'

same as above

same as above

• QuakeulfQuakeulf NOMember ✭✭✭

I have attempted downloading newer SDKs (tried everyone now), and I still get this issue. I have updated Visual Studio for Mac to the latest version too. As mentioned earlier, my co-worker can still compile the project on his Windows 10 mascheen.