Does AOT furture not work in Xamarin Android 8.0.0x ?

seal2002seal2002 VNMember ✭✭

Hello guys,
I use and AOT compile option in the project to convert all dll to so files. It was work well in version (Xamarin Androi 8.0 Beta)
Currently we have official release, I update to 8.0.11 or 8.1.0.21 but this option does not work anymore.
There is no so files any more although the build process is success.
After trying few version, I found the version 8.0.0.37 is working.
I download the version 8.0.11 & 8.1.0.21 is //github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android
8.0.0.37 is (It is missing jar2xml.jar & some other stuff) //jenkins.mono-project.com/view/Xamarin.Android/job/xamarin-android/682/Azure
Do you know which is the version can work with AOT option ?
Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• seal2002seal2002 VNMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hello,
    Finally I can found the reason why I can not compile AOT with the latest version. We need to turn on that flag
    <EmbedAssembliesIntoApk>True</EmbedAssembliesIntoApk> in my csproj.
    The previous version of Xamarin (8.0.0.25) can build AOT without that flag.
    Only <AotAssemblies>True</AotAssemblies> , <EnableLLVM>True</EnableLLVM> is enough
    I have a question that where is the description all option we can use in csProject ?
    Thanks

Answers

• seal2002seal2002 VNMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hello,
    Finally I can found the reason why I can not compile AOT with the latest version. We need to turn on that flag
    <EmbedAssembliesIntoApk>True</EmbedAssembliesIntoApk> in my csproj.
    The previous version of Xamarin (8.0.0.25) can build AOT without that flag.
    Only <AotAssemblies>True</AotAssemblies> , <EnableLLVM>True</EnableLLVM> is enough
    I have a question that where is the description all option we can use in csProject ?
    Thanks