Cannot run UI Test for Android app

Hello,

Having NUnit 2.6.4 and Xamarin.UITest 2.1.4.

At the beginning, the error was saying cannot find apk file. After putting apk file, the error complained about Mono Shared Runtime.

I toggled with Release/Debug and Mono Shared Runtime on/off, but still got error of SetUp : System.Exception : Mono Shared Runtime is not supported. This can be resolved by changing the project configuration or using a Release build.

Could anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Answers

• akrasztakraszt ROMember ✭✭

Also have this issue
    I uninstalled the Mono Shared Runtime app from my android device
    Also did: Right Click on your SOLUTION(not project) -> Properties -> Now under configuration for each project, select "Release". selecting Release will automatically uncheck "Use Shared Runtime"

I still get the error

Even more, if I deploy my app from Visual studio 2017 to my Nexus 5x with Android 8.0 - the app launched but it also installs Mono Shared Runtime back on the phone..

Has anyone figured it out yet? I am at a total loss..

Also have this issue
    Also did: Right Click on your SOLUTION(not project) -> Properties -> Now under configuration for each project, select "Release". selecting Release will automatically uncheck "Use Shared Runtime"

I still get the error

Even more, if I deploy my app from Visual studio 2017 to my Nexus 5x with Android 8.0 - the app launched but it also installs Mono Shared Runtime back on the phone..

Also have this issue

I still get the error