Current Preview: 15.5 Feature Preview

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan ZagaeskiUSForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please see https://releases.xamarin.com/beta-release-15-5-preview-1/ for the details about this release, including the steps to update or downgrade as needed.

This release is now available as part of Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5 Preview and in the Beta and Alpha updater channels for Visual Studio 2017 for Mac and Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Xamarin.

Bug reports wanted!

• Please file a quick bug report using the "15.5 Preview" new bug form if you see any suspicious behavior in these versions that you wish to report.

• If you get any errors when using the form to submit, please select the Other link and then choose the desired product.
  • Comment in this forum thread if your question is not related to a suspicious behavior after download, but instead one of the following:

• You notice an error in the Release Blog post.
    • You have trouble downloading one of the installer packages.

• LecnierFriman.3284LecnierFriman.3284 Lecnier Friman USUniversity

After updating every time you try to clean or build you get a dialog with "The Xamarin license file is invalid and could not be recovered" with an option for "Use Visual Studio Professional" after selecting this option you get the dialog one more time. Next try to clean or build you are going to get the same dialog again in a endless looping.
    In stable version you only get the dialog once.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please file a quick bug report using the "15.5 Preview" new bug form if you see any suspicious behavior in these versions that you wish to report

That will help ensure proper investigation of the issue. Thanks!

• rseostarrseostar Robert Strand USUniversity ✭✭

Roslyn keeps saying I have duplicate resources in the Resources.Designer.cs, until I clean or build. I was going to try adding the config option for turning off design time builds, but I'm not clear where "$(AndroidUseManagedDesignTimeResourceGenerator)" needs to be added.
    I read the documentation at the link you posted but it shows an example using the newer csproj format, I think. Where in the legacy csproj should it go?
    Thanks

• LucioMSPLucioMSP Vicente G. Guzman Lucio MXUniversity ✭✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski I would like to know if the MasterBehavior did works actually on iOS, because on Xamarin.Forms 2.4 the slide Menu does not have the same animation on both platforms, I mean, I want put it on top of the content on iOS like on Android.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

where "$(AndroidUseManagedDesignTimeResourceGenerator)" needs to be added.

You can place it in any <PropertyGroup> element that is enabled for the current configuration. For example, you could place it in a <PropertyGroup> that has no Condition attribute if you want to use it for all configurations, or you can place under the <PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' for the currently active configuration. To disable the feature, you would add a line like the following under the <PropertyGroup>:

<AndroidUseManagedDesignTimeResourceGenerator>False</AndroidUseManagedDesignTimeResourceGenerator>

edited October 17

if the MasterBehavior did works actually on iOS ... I want put it on top of the content on iOS like on Android.

I don't have any experience with MasterBehavior myself. I would recommend checking on Stack Overflow, the Xamarin.Forms forums, or Xamarin Bugzilla for any matching reports or recommendations.

• rseostarrseostar Robert Strand USUniversity ✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski Awesome thanks!

• JohnnieOdomJohnnieOdom Johnnie Odom USMember ✭✭

I don't see any release notes for Visual Studio for Mac 7.3. Will those be coming up any time soon?

• christopherpolskachristopherpolska Krzysztof Szklarzewicz PLUniversity ✭✭✭

When getting an error in the top bar and clicking on it, the Error output window closes after 1 second :/ and also opening it through the View options doesn't solve the issue

I don't see any release notes for Visual Studio for Mac 7.3. Will those be coming up any time soon?

I'll pass along the question to the team to make sure those are in progress to be published asap.

edited October 19

When getting an error in the top bar and clicking on it, the Error output window closes after 1 second :/ and also opening it through the View options doesn't solve the issue

It sounds like you are seeing this in Visual Studio for Mac, and it sounds like an interesting finding. If you get a chance, be sure to Report a Problem for Visual Studio for Mac about that issue so the team can investigate and you can track the status in the Developer Community portal. Thanks in advance!