Updating Xamarin.iOS Apps for the iPhone X

JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

October 11, 2017 - I just posted Updating Xamarin.iOS Apps for the iPhone X!

Read the blog post here
Discuss the post below

Tagged:

• Zeno.FoltinZeno.Foltin USMember

Hey,

Good article, John.

Do you have any ETA for the Xamarin.Forms support for safe areas? Or a workaround for the mean time?

• KraigSPEARKraigSPEAR USUniversity ✭✭

Good article, not that it matters to the content, but the iPhone X was not announced at WWDC. It was announced at the Sept 2017 Apple Event.

• DJDecker.9933DJDecker.9933 USMember

Anyway to check if the device is iPhone X ?

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks all for reading and commenting!

@Zeno.Foltin

I'm not aware of any timelines. Best place to keep an eye on would be the Xamarin.Forms forum.

@KraigSPEAR

Thanks! I've fixed it. For whatever reason I just meshed them together in my brain. :)

@DJDecker.9933

I am not sure off the top of my head. A better place to ask would be to create a new Question in the Xamarin.iOS Forum.

• I am having some trouble running one of our apps on iPhone X.
    The screen consists of a TableView, with a SearchBar above it (quite common I think).
    On iPhone 8 and older this displays correctly, on iPhone X (the simulator, I don't own a device)
    the search bar is partially hidden by the status bar. (i have screen shot, which does forum does not allow me yo upload..)
    I ticked the safe are layout guides, but that did not help...
    Has anyone seen this before? What am I doing wrong? -or- is this a bug?

@BertDegenhartDrenth,

It would be better to post this as a new Question in the Xamarin.iOS forum. This thread is for discussing the blog post and won't have as much visibility to other developers that could answer your question.

• EthanPhoenixEthanPhoenix USMember ✭✭

Hi, I have the same problem (as @BertDegenhartDrenth) with iphone x simulator ..the controls are hidden by the new iphone x design when on landscape mode.

• EnricoRossiniEnricoRossini USMember ✭✭✭

Hello! I have an issue with a ScrollView and StackLayout. In iPhone 6 or above the page has a padding on the bottom. In iPhone X is very close to the border. How can I resolve it? Thanks

@EnricoRossini,

Hello! See my comment above on the best place to post your question. Thanks!

• DonCB2BDonCB2B USMember ✭✭

Hi, John

iPhone X already came out. Is the any new with Xamarin.Forms support for safe areas? If I am building Xamarin.Forms project, what's the alternative way to make some layout not be hidden by home indicator?

• 15mgm1515mgm15 USMember ✭✭✭

@JohnMiller Do you have any insights related to this:

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/20901/hide-tab-bar-on-push

?

Thanks!