Updating Xamarin.iOS Apps for the iPhone X

JohnMillerJohnMiller John MillerUSForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

October 11, 2017 - I just posted Updating Xamarin.iOS Apps for the iPhone X!

Read the blog post here
Discuss the post below

Tagged:

• Zeno.FoltinZeno.Foltin Zeno Foltin USMember

Hey,

Good article, John.

Do you have any ETA for the Xamarin.Forms support for safe areas? Or a workaround for the mean time?

• KraigSPEARKraigSPEAR Kraig SPEAR USUniversity ✭✭

Good article, not that it matters to the content, but the iPhone X was not announced at WWDC. It was announced at the Sept 2017 Apple Event.

• DJDecker.9933DJDecker.9933 DJ Decker USMember

Anyway to check if the device is iPhone X ?

• JohnMillerJohnMiller John Miller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks all for reading and commenting!

@Zeno.Foltin

I'm not aware of any timelines. Best place to keep an eye on would be the Xamarin.Forms forum.

@KraigSPEAR

Thanks! I've fixed it. For whatever reason I just meshed them together in my brain. :)

@DJDecker.9933

I am not sure off the top of my head. A better place to ask would be to create a new Question in the Xamarin.iOS Forum.

• BertDegenhartDrenthBertDegenhartDrenth Bert Degenhart Drenth NLMember ✭✭

I am having some trouble running one of our apps on iPhone X.
    The screen consists of a TableView, with a SearchBar above it (quite common I think).
    On iPhone 8 and older this displays correctly, on iPhone X (the simulator, I don't own a device)
    the search bar is partially hidden by the status bar. (i have screen shot, which does forum does not allow me yo upload..)
    I ticked the safe are layout guides, but that did not help...
    Has anyone seen this before? What am I doing wrong? -or- is this a bug?

• JohnMillerJohnMiller John Miller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@BertDegenhartDrenth,

It would be better to post this as a new Question in the Xamarin.iOS forum. This thread is for discussing the blog post and won't have as much visibility to other developers that could answer your question.