Cannot Deploy to device for testing

I've had this issue since July, posted a thread and never got an answer. I am unable to deploy directly from my IDE to my phone. It runs fine on the simulator, and for actual releases, we build and deploy it through Bamboo. These both work fine, but there are some issues that I need to a physical device with.

Whenever I try to deploy to my device from Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio, it fails to install and I get an error such as this:

DuplicateIdentifier: Found bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.q60BkG/extracted/IosGold.app/Frameworks/Xamarin.framework with the same identifier (xamarin.ios.xamarin-framework) as bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.q60BkG/extracted/IosGold.app/Frameworks/Xamarin-debug.framework
error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/canderson/imaging/IosGold/IosGold/bin/iPhone/Debug/IosGold.app' on the device 'Clint's iPhone': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000b0 (This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique.).

Application could not be uploaded to the device.

Attached is the verbose build output. I didn't see anything noticeable in there. The only other hint I have is that I have an App Extension project, so maybe that is part of what is getting some wires crossed.

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USXamarin Team, University Xamurai

Can you confirm that your app extension project does not use the same bundle ID as your main app project?

• candersoncanderson USMember ✭✭

Yes, I can confirm this.

My app is something like: com.companyname.goldqa
    and my extension is: com.companyname.goldqa.import

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USXamarin Team, University Xamurai

have you tried cleaning your build, including deleting all bin and obj folders for the device build? Try deleting /Users/canderson/imaging/IosGold/IosGold/bin and /Users/canderson/imaging/IosGold/IosGold/obj if you have not already.

• candersoncanderson USMember ✭✭
    edited October 18

Just gave that another try by deleting the bin and obj folders in both the IosGold and IosGoldImport projects, but no change in results. It still gives the error that Bundle identifiers must be unique.