Xamarin Forms iOS11 Large Title text Extra Blank space

MdNaushadMdNaushad INMember ✭✭

Hi All,
I am trying to update my app to support iOS 11 Large Texts feature. In my custom Navigation Page renderer I have set
NavigationBar.PrefersLargeTitles = true;

The Large Title texts are displayed fine and on scroll they get smaller too.
However on scroll when the Large Title becomes smaller, I am seeing an extra white space at the bottom. (Highlighted in the attached screen shot).
I have read and browsed a lot of posts regarding the issue but my bad luck that none of them works.

I am pretty sure someone would have encountered the error and would have found a workaround or it's solution.

Best Answer

Answers

• JamesWoodallJamesWoodall GBUniversity

Bump. I see this too. Did you get an answer to this?

• MdNaushadMdNaushad INMember ✭✭
    edited October 9
    @JamesWoodall Noo. I haven't found the answer yet. I have posted the same question in stackoverflow ( https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46629629/xamarin-forms-ios11-large-title-text-extra-blank-space ) but no answers.
    I guess it's a bug with Xamarin. So far the blogs or the posts that I have seen about PreferLargeText has this bug.
    I have created a bug for the xamarin team
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60054
    In case I have an answer I will post it here.
  • JEREMYMARABELJEREMYMARABEL USMember

Helop MdNaushad,

Any news about this issue? Your bugzilla thread is private.

As per the status, it says the bug is confirmed, but I haven't heard back from the Xamarin Team.
    (Sorry I couldn't make the bug public (I am actually unaware of how to do that))

• JoeBrockJoeBrock USMember

Does anyone from the Xamarin Forms team have an update on this? We're keen to start using iOS 11 features as soon as possible!

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

hey we know the issue and are looking into it.

@rmarinho - Thank you :)
    Just to add a small point since I see the status of the bug in bugzilla as "In Progress".
    When you are scrolling the view and the large title text becomes smaller, the animation/transition is not so smooth.
    The default iOS mail app and also since WhatsApp also has updated to iOS11, have very smooth animation/transition of the Navigation Title from large to small.

• RunarOvesenHjerpbakkRunarOvesenHjerpbakk NOUniversity ✭✭

Any ETA on a fix for this @rmarinho ? I've got the same issues in my apps and iPhone X is just a couple of days away. BTW, tried the lates pre-release of version 2.5 and the problem persists.

Looks like the issue is fixed and it is merged to master branch of Xamarin Forms.
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/1238
    Hopefully I think it will be available in next Xamarin Forms update.
    @rmarinho - Can you let us know in which Xamarin Forms Update this will be available?

As per Xamarin team, it will available in Xamarin Forms 2.4.0 SR4
    https://developer.xamarin.com/releases/xamarin-forms/xamarin-forms-2.4/2.4.0-stable/

• JoeBrockJoeBrock USMember

This does not appear to be fixed as of 2.4.0-sr5 nor the very recent 2.5.0 release that was published on GitHub. Reproduction is easily achieved by creating the template master/detail project via File -> New Project, switching on large titles, and adding additional items to the mock data store.

It has been over a month since this issue was raised - when are we likely to see a fix?

Accepted Answer

As of Xamarin Forms - 2.5.0.91635. This issue is resolved.
    Thanks @XamarinTeam & @rmarinho for solving this.

• 15mgm1515mgm15 USMember ✭✭✭

I am still seeing the issue on 2.5.0.91635 I am even using Navigation Renderers and a Content Page Renderer and I am not able to see the Large tittles :|