CsProject old references

Hi Guys,

I was wondering why every time that I update my Xamarin.Forms version (the nuget package) my csproj file keep the reference to the old version. Is this a problem that happens only with me?

<Target Name="EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports" BeforeTargets="PrepareForBuild">
    <PropertyGroup>
      <ErrorText>This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is {0}.</ErrorText>
    </PropertyGroup>
    <Error Condition="!Exists('..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.4.270\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+Xamarin.iOS10+xamarinmac20\Xamarin.Forms.targets')" Text="$([System.String]::Format('$(ErrorText)', '..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.4.270\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+Xamarin.iOS10+xamarinmac20\Xamarin.Forms.targets'))" />
    <Error Condition="!Exists('..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.5.256-pre6\build\netstandard1.0\Xamarin.Forms.targets')" Text="$([System.String]::Format('$(ErrorText)', '..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.5.256-pre6\build\netstandard1.0\Xamarin.Forms.targets'))" />
  </Target>
  <Import Project="..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.4.270\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+Xamarin.iOS10+xamarinmac20\Xamarin.Forms.targets" Condition="Exists('..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.4.270\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+Xamarin.iOS10+xamarinmac20\Xamarin.Forms.targets')" />
  <Import Project="..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.5.256-pre6\build\netstandard1.0\Xamarin.Forms.targets" Condition="Exists('..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.5.256-pre6\build\netstandard1.0\Xamarin.Forms.targets')" />

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod
    edited September 2017

@rmenezes - I have seen this multiple times, so it's not just you.

Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Auth seem to both leave incorrect information in csproj files when upgrading or downgrading versions in my experience.

• rmenezesrmenezes BRMember ✭✭

@JohnHardman said:
    @rmenezes - I have seen this multiple times, so it's not just you.

Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Auth seem to both leave incorrect information in csproj files when upgrading or downgrading versions in my experience.

The problem with this is that when a new user download the code and try to build it will fail because nuget will download just the version specified in packages.config. Any idea about how to fix it?

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@rmenezes - I manually edit the csproj files when I finally realise that it has happened yet again.

I've spent years doing roles that involved editing proj files, so I'm comfortable doing that. Most people aren't comfortable doing that. It's an annoyance that Xamarin should investigate and fix (I'm not a NuGet expert, so I don't know what is actually involved).