After upgrade to Xcode 9, Xamarin 7.1.5, etc for iOS 11, framework no longer builds in bindings proj

astjohnastjohn CAMember ✭✭

All,

Your help is much appreciated. We have a bindings project that wraps a few nuget packages and includes our own native framework. After upgrading Xcode and Visual Studio for iOS11, we have run into a problem with our own native framework.

The problem occurs during the build process and it seems that after copying and inflating the framework, the nib files located inside the main Storyboard file are no longer recognized as folders.

For example:

MTOUCH : checkdir error : /Users/astjohn/Development/sitata/mobile/sdk/sdk-xamarin-bindings-ios/demo/SitataQs/obj/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/mtouch-cache/MYFRAMEWORK.framework/MYFRAMEWORK.bundle/MYFRAMEWORK.storyboardc/XTF-2a-Sgm-view-ZQX-nb-ObC.nib exists but is not directory
MTOUCH : checkdir error : /Users/astjohn/Development/sitata/mobile/sdk/sdk-xamarin-bindings-ios/demo/SitataQs/obj/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/mtouch-cache/MYFRAMEWORK.framework/MYFRAMEWORK.bundle/MYFRAMEWORK.storyboardc/XTF-2a-Sgm-view-ZQX-nb-ObC.nib exists but is not directory

The source framework does indeed contain these files and the system does recognize these files to be directories. This leads me to believe that something bad is happening during the copy/inflate process throughout the build process.

I have tried all the usual processes such as clearing cache, removing the obj and bin folders, etc.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Tagged:

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@astjohn,

This would be best filed as a new issue on Bugzilla, here. If you need to, mark it private by checking the box "Xamarin Team (private bug)".

Please include your version information and diagnostic build logs (copy into .txt files and attach to the bug report). It would also help if you could include the project or a sample so we can reproduce the build issue here.

To get full build logs just set the log verbosity to diagnostic at the following locations:

• On Visual Studio for Mac: Preferences > Projects > Build
    • On Visual Studio for Windows: Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > Build and Run

On Visual Studio Windows you also want to add -v -v -v -v to the mtouch additional arguments by right-clicking the project in the solution explorer and selecting Properties.
    Note: this is done automatically on Visual Studio for Mac when the log verbosity is set to diagnostic.

Easiest way to get exact version information:

• On Visual Studio for Mac: "Visual Studio" menu, "About Visual Studio" item, "Show Details" button.
    • On Visual Studio for Windows: "Help menu", "About Microsoft Visual Studio" item.
      Then copy/paste the version information into a text file (you can use the "Copy Information" button).

Thanks!

• astjohnastjohn CAMember ✭✭

Thanks for getting back to me @JohnMiller !

I'll file the report.

This is a time sensitive issue. Do you have any recommendations on how we can proceed in the meantime? Is there a way to downgrade my environment?

Thanks,
    Adam