Xamarin.Forms 2.4.0.74863

124

Posts

  • HalilDoganBolakHalilDoganBolak USMember ✭✭

    After upgrading to 2.4.0.18342, the Editor control starts filling up from the bottom and not from the top. Has anyone else encountered this on UWP ? I have been using the same layout in code for about nine months through many XF releases without any problems.

  • PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 23

    @HalilDoganBolak Please see https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60041. I think the code was just accidentally moved around instead of reverted, but it will be actually fixed ASAP.

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DavidOrtinau said:
    Yes, release notes and announcement up now for 2.4.0.18342.

    Tap issue fix is API 23. We are continuing to work on it and I've reopened at least one of those Bugzilla's to reflect this is only a partial fix.

    We have also published 2.5.0-pre and I'll be posting about that today and tomorrow.

    Hi David,

    What should we do? Stick with 2.3.5-pre6? Telerik have added a dependency for Forms 2.4.0.282 to their controls (by accident I think, I have a ticket open), so now we can't upgrade our RadControls and there's no point moving to the latest service release as a lot 70% of our Android users are on API24 as our company now hand out Samsung J5's instead of Windows Phones (At least they came to their senses on that one :smile:). We're in a bit of pickle now to say the least.

  • HalilDoganBolakHalilDoganBolak USMember ✭✭

    @PaulDiPietro said:
    @HalilDoganBolak Please see https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60041. I think the code was just accidentally moved around instead of reverted, but it will be actually fixed ASAP.

    Thank you very much for the information.

  • GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

    @DavidOrtinau said:
    Tap issue fix is API 23. We are continuing to work on it and I've reopened at least one of those Bugzilla's to reflect this is only a partial fix.

    Appreciated... :smile:

  • NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 24

    Just faced exact same issue https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/295576/#Comment_295576 at 2.4.0.18342.

    There was no stacktrace, even the app was in DEBUG mode.
    It just crashed with only this in logs:

    10-24 10:10:40.641 F/        ( 6304): * Assertion at /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/xamarin-android/xamarin-android/external/mono/mono/metadata/sgen-tarjan-bridge.c:1140, condition `xref_count == xref_index' not met
    10-24 10:10:40.808 F/libc    ( 6304): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 6304 (curence.myappname)
    
  • batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭

    @NMackay said:

    @DavidOrtinau said:
    Yes, release notes and announcement up now for 2.4.0.18342.

    Tap issue fix is API 23. We are continuing to work on it and I've reopened at least one of those Bugzilla's to reflect this is only a partial fix.

    We have also published 2.5.0-pre and I'll be posting about that today and tomorrow.

    Hi David,

    What should we do? Stick with 2.3.5-pre6? Telerik have added a dependency for Forms 2.4.0.282 to their controls (by accident I think, I have a ticket open), so now we can't upgrade our RadControls and there's no point moving to the latest service release as a lot 70% of our Android users are on API24 as our company now hand out Samsung J5's instead of Windows Phones (At least they came to their senses on that one :smile:). We're in a bit of pickle now to say the least.

    he is right. we are totally dependent on one of these versions (2.4 or 2.5 pre). why it takes you so long to fix such a crucial bug? I started getting so many uninstalls because of this bug. Please provide us a fix.

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DavidOrtinau said:
    Testing Android tap gesture fix and will get into a service release asap. https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/1227

    cc @batmaci @NMackay

    Thanks for the update David, appreciated.

  • JaredThirskJaredThirsk CAMember ✭✭

    @DavidOrtinau the hyperlink to the release notes is broken (missing) in your blog post.

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DavidOrtinau

    SR3 seems to have been released :smile:

    Going to test the tapgestures

    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/releases/tag/release-2.4.0-sr3

  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 31

    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60453

    Filed a bug, has all the details and sample project in it.
    Change e.g IsVisible on a view in MasterDetail.Master doesnt change the UI when MasterDetail.Master has got a new instance (Page). This is when the content for the masterPage is wrapped i a scrollview.

    @DavidOrtinau please use your powers to get a fix for this in the next service release!

  • HalilDoganBolakHalilDoganBolak USMember ✭✭

    @HalilDoganBolak said:
    After upgrading to 2.4.0.18342, the Editor control starts filling up from the bottom and not from the top. Has anyone else encountered this on UWP ? I have been using the same layout in code for about nine months through many XF releases without any problems.

    @DavidOrtinau The above bug is fixed in the SR3. Thank you.

  • GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

    @NMackay said:
    @DavidOrtinau

    SR3 solves our Tap Gesture issues. Also enabled fast renderers and seeing some immediate performance wins, loving it.

    YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally..... Nougat is working with tap gestures.... Can finally get a new build into the Play Store... :smile:

    Thank you @NMackay for the post letting us know it was out... Glad it wasn't some Halloween trickery..... haha..

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GVx said:

    @NMackay said:
    @DavidOrtinau

    SR3 solves our Tap Gesture issues. Also enabled fast renderers and seeing some immediate performance wins, loving it.

    YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally..... Nougat is working with tap gestures.... Can finally get a new build into the Play Store... :smile:

    Thank you @NMackay for the post letting us know it was out... Glad it wasn't some Halloween trickery..... haha..

    I should have waited for David to post about SR3 but got excited and had to blab about it when I spotted it on nuget :smile:

  • AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @NMackay don't work for @DavidOrtinau for free... two beers for this!

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

    @AlessandroCaliaro

    Free beer is always a good thing :smile:

  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 1
    if (!Xamarin.Forms.Forms.IsInitialized)
                    Xamarin.Forms.Forms.SetFlags("FastRenderers_Experimental");
    global::Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(this, bundle);
    

    if you dont use this if statement, the app will crash when restarted.. (start application, press back, open app again, crash)

    UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
    11-01 13:09:23.758 I/MonoDroid(23208): System.InvalidOperationException: SetFlags must be called before Init
    11-01 13:09:23.758 I/MonoDroid(23208):   at Xamarin.Forms.Forms.SetFlags (System.String[] flags) [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent3\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\Forms.cs:161 
    11-01 13:09:23.758 I/MonoDroid(23208):   at LR.Droid.MainActivity.OnCreate (Android.OS.Bundle bundle) [0x00026] in C:\Bugs\LR\LR\LR.Android\MainActivity.cs:24 
    11-01 13:09:23.758 I/MonoDroid(23208):   at Android.Support.V4.App.FragmentActivity.n_OnCreate_Landroid_os_Bundle_ (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this, System.IntPtr native_savedInstanceState) [0x0000f] in <1e89c43d3c7d48b5ba69bfc0b1bdf114>:0 
    11-01 13:09:23.758 I/MonoDroid(23208):   at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:339ce8b7-20ec-4de2-8eba-a2e89fe04425 (intptr,intptr,intptr)
    

    This should be in the documentation, or be treated as a bug @DavidOrtinau

  • DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

    @BjornB what version are you on, 2.4.0.38779? Just want to confirm you have the latest, all projects use that version, and you've got clean bin/obj before compiling. Thought this was fixed.

  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭

    @DavidOrtinau said:
    @BjornB what version are you on, 2.4.0.38779? Just want to confirm you have the latest, all projects use that version, and you've got clean bin/obj before compiling. Thought this was fixed.

    Oh, bin/obj did it :) you can delete the post

  • PhilippSumiPhilippSumi USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 6

    @DavidOrtinau Did the upgrade and tapping works fine now. However, now that I started working with this version, I'm seeing that layout is literally all over the place! I have, misaligned labels, labels that sometimes show and sometimes don't show, lists and cards that are sometimes empty and sometimes aren't. Those might be flavors of this bug I reported a while ago (initially suspected the Carousel, but it was the labels): https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60097. Although; it involves not only labels - for example, I see contents of cards completely disappearing when I pop a previously pushed page. In any case, this is really broken for me.

    Anybody else having issues like this?

  • JimBennettJimBennett GBInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

    Just updated an MvvmCross app to the latest 2.4.0.38779 and I'm getting a crash on Android as soon as the first page is loaded.

    [MonoDroid] UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
    [MonoDroid] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [MonoDroid]   at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.Platform+<>c__DisplayClass35_0.<SetPage>b__0 () [0x00015] in D:\agent\_work\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\Platform.cs:256 
    

    Looks like a renderer is null somewhere. @DavidOrtinau - any thoughts on where to start looking?

  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 7

    @PhilippSumi said:
    @DavidOrtinau Did the upgrade and tapping works fine now. However, now that I started working with this version, I'm seeing that layout is literally all over the place! I have, misaligned labels, labels that sometimes show and sometimes don't show, lists and cards that are sometimes empty and sometimes aren't. Those might be flavors of this bug I reported a while ago (initially suspected the Carousel, but it was the labels): https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60097. Although; it involves not only labels - for example, I see contents of cards completely disappearing when I pop a previously pushed page. In any case, this is really broken for me.

    Anybody else having issues like this?

    Dont know if its the same, but sometimes layout does not update when content is changed, i have see this mostly on master page using MasterDetail, it works fine after rotating display to landscape and back.. Filed a bug about it here https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60453

  • PhilippSumiPhilippSumi USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 7

    @BjornB said:

    @PhilippSumi said:
    @DavidOrtinau Did the upgrade and tapping works fine now. However, now that I started working with this version, I'm seeing that layout is literally all over the place! I have, misaligned labels, labels that sometimes show and sometimes don't show, lists and cards that are sometimes empty and sometimes aren't. Those might be flavors of this bug I reported a while ago (initially suspected the Carousel, but it was the labels): https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60097. Although; it involves not only labels - for example, I see contents of cards completely disappearing when I pop a previously pushed page. In any case, this is really broken for me.

    Anybody else having issues like this?

    Dont know if its the same, but sometimes layout does not update when content is changed, i have see this mostly on master page using MasterDetail, it works fine after rotating display to landscape and back.. Filed a bug about it here https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60453

    It might be related. I actually ran into label issues in way earlier releases, and they were never resolved because repros are so hard. But then, if you start searching, there's quite a number of similar tickets (that experienced the same fate). Currently, it's not only labels for me. However, property changes might be a good hint - this page here renders empty cards after popping a view (which triggers a refresh of the page). Even that isn't reliable - the behavior is completely random:

    Before:
    image

    After (sometimes, sometimes not!):
    image

    It's noteworthy that the vertical space of the content is still claimed - I can even observe the contents disappear when coming back without resizing of the card.

    @DavidOrtinau I would be willing to share my sources with the team. Would that help?

  • JerzyPiechowiakJerzyPiechowiak USMember ✭✭

    I've a problem with statusbar in Android after upgrading to this version. Now statusbar covers top of action bar. Here is my theme code:

    <style name="SampleTheme.Base" parent="@style/MyTheme">  
        <item name="android:navigationBarColor">#2A000000</item>  
        <item name="windowActionModeOverlay">true</item>  
        <item name="android:windowTranslucentNavigation">true</item>  
        <item name="android:windowTranslucentStatus">true</item>  
        <item name="popupMenuStyle">@style/popupMenuStyle</item>  
        <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>  
        <item name="android:gravity">fill</item>  
    </style>
    

    It was working fine in previous stable Xamarin.Forms 2.3.4.
    Unfortunately I can't add links, but can add this url to dropbox domain:
    /s/q9qe3yi30ur0sar/01.png and see the result

    Do you have any suggestions? It is a Xamarin bug, or there was bug earlier?

  • batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7

    i am getting a a crash on back button press on the main page in android. it crashes on the line base.OnDestroy(); and exception is as below. Does anybody have any idea about this please?

    is it even expected behavior to call OnDestroy on mainpage clicking back button?

          protected override void OnDestroy()
                {
                    try
                    {
                        base.OnDestroy();
                    }
                    catch (Exception ex)
                    {
                        ex.ToString();
                    }
    
        Unhandled Exception:
    
        System.NotSupportedException: Unable to activate instance of type 
    Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FastRenderers.ImageRenderer from native
     handle 0xbe99fabc (key_handle 0x521abb2). occurred
    
  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 8

    <item name="android:windowTranslucentStatus">false</item> <- set this to false
    @JerzyPiechowiak

  • JerzyPiechowiakJerzyPiechowiak USMember ✭✭

    @BjornB
    I've already tried this. It gives no effect for me.. I've also seen your commit on GitHub.

    When I set both this flags to false:

    <item name="android:windowTranslucentNavigation">false</item>
    <item name="android:windowTranslucentStatus">false</item>
    

    Then it works, but the bottom navigation bar is no longer transparent..

  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 8

    oh ok, i guess you problem is what my PR tries to solve? I have not found a way around this other than hacking your own dll... since XF today doesnt care about Transluscentstatus @JerzyPiechowiak.

    Before a hardcoded "statusbar" was layed out on top on toolbar. it doesnt do this anymore (thats good though). But some adjustments to layout of toolbar is needed!

  • JerzyPiechowiakJerzyPiechowiak USMember ✭✭

    @BjornB
    In my first post, I added "link" for image placed on dropbox. I can't add links here, therefore I writed only part of url which should be appended after dropbox.com/ . Status bar overlapps content with this configuration.
    I will try maybe write a temporary Renderer for Android or something like this..

  • BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 8

    @JerzyPiechowiak said:
    @BjornB
    In my first post, I added "link" for image placed on dropbox. I can't add links here, therefore I writed only part of url which should be appended after dropbox.com/ . Status bar overlapps content with this configuration.
    I will try maybe write a temporary Renderer for Android or something like this..

    That is understood. my PR handles you issue (adds top padding to toolbar when statusbar = transluscent,)

    if you find a way to do this with a renderer, please let me know! :)
    The getStatusBarHeight() in my pr gets the height of the statusbar, this is what the top padding should be set to.

  • JerzyPiechowiakJerzyPiechowiak USMember ✭✭

    @BjornB
    In my case it looks like that problematic is this:

    android:windowTranslucentNavigation
    

    I don't even have to set windowTranslucentStatus to broke status bar..
    I tried to write renderer. I have even written part of code which has moved action bar, but after this I've a problem with height of the action bar which was cropped by this padding. Everything in XF is private or internal and any kind of fix is very complicated to external developers.

  • DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

    @PhilippSumi yes please! Email me.

  • DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai
    > @batmaci said:
    > i am getting a a crash on back button press on the main page in android. it crashes on the line base.OnDestroy(); and exception is as below. Does anybody have any idea about this please?
    >
    > is it even expected behavior to call OnDestroy on mainpage clicking back button?
    >
    > protected override void OnDestroy() { try { base.OnDestroy(); } catch (Exception ex) { ex.ToString(); } Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: Unable to activate instance of type Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FastRenderers.ImageRenderer from native handle 0xbe99fabc (key_handle 0x521abb2). occurred

    Please open a Bugzilla report for us to investigate.
  • ChrisMcBride.2625ChrisMcBride.2625 USUniversity ✭✭

    Any idea what bugs were fixed in release 74863?

  • KosengKoseng DEMember ✭✭
    edited November 12
  • AclrtrAclrtr USMember ✭✭
    edited November 14

    This release has a new bug where there is spacing added for certain views on ios 11. I recreated this with a test project where I have a viewcell with a contentview, and space is added on the left of the headings. Example(modified a tutorial project I found):

        <ListView.GroupHeaderTemplate>
          <DataTemplate>
            <ViewCell>
                <ContentView>
                    <StackLayout VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" BackgroundColor="Navy">
                        <Grid VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand">
                            <Label Text="{Binding Key}" FontSize="Small" TextColor="Lime"/>
                        </Grid>
                    </StackLayout>
                </ContentView>
            </ViewCell>
          </DataTemplate>
        </ListView.GroupHeaderTemplate>
    

    This is not only the case for group headings because the cells in the app I'm working on also got extra indented. This was not a problem on any earlier release.

  • AclrtrAclrtr USMember ✭✭
    edited November 14

    Also, this release as well as all other Xamarin.Forms 2.4 releases crash when setting HasUnevenRows=true and inserting elements into the list which has been set as the ItemsSource of a ListView on iOS(tested on 9 and 11). Not a problem on Xamarin.Forms 2.3 or on Android.

    This is the exception:

    Unhandled Exception:
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: index
    at Xamarin.Forms.ListProxy.get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x0000b] in D:\agent_work\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\ListProxy.cs:127 
    
    etc...
    
  • ThomasGoerlichThomasGoerlich DEMember ✭✭

    Can anyone help me regarding the problem of setting the ListViewCachingStrategy of a listView via OnPlatform? See https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/301211/#Comment_301211
    I couldn't figure out yet how to fix that in the 2.4.0 branch. Setting the CachingStrategy as an x:Argument with OnPlatform worked fine in previous versions of Xamarin.Forms.
    The problem was also reported elsewhere e.g.
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/102917/can-not-set-the-content-of-listviewcachingstrategy-as-it-doesnt-have-a-contentpropertyattribute
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/297064/#Comment_297064

Sign In or Register to comment.