Lost connection to Visual Studio

I'm able to pair Visual Studio with my Android device (as long as I don't use an HTTP proxy!), but about 2s after pairing it says "Lost connection to Visual Studio" on the Android device.

I'm running Visual Studio 2017 15.4.0 Preview, and the connection test on the Anrdroid device is successful.

Any idea what the issue could be here?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I have found that it will auto connect when you then attempt to deploy to that player, does that work for you?

• cocowallacocowalla GBMember ✭✭

Randomly, the mobile device now seems to stay 'Connected to Visual Studio' - but as soon as it is paired, the QR code shown in Visual Studio changes, and the pairing dialog just remains open - so I'm unable to deploy the app :(

Any idea what could be wrong now?

• RamprasadKRamprasadK USMember ✭✭
    edited October 2017

@cocowalla said:
    I'm able to pair Visual Studio with my Android device (as long as I don't use an HTTP proxy!), but about 2s after pairing it says "Lost connection to Visual Studio" on the Android device.

I'm running Visual Studio 2017 15.4.0 Preview, and the connection test on the Anrdroid device is successful.

Any solution?

• cocowallacocowalla GBMember ✭✭

@RamprasadK I think you forgot to add a reply? :smile:

• ZahraMKZahraMK USMember

@cocowalla said:

I had exactly your problem. In my case, the problem was because I used embedded resources in my android project. After I removed references to resources, it worked!

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZahraMK said:

@cocowalla said:

I had exactly your problem. In my case, the problem was because I used embedded resources in my android project. After I removed references to resources, it worked!

all the pages are embedded resources? what do you mean?

• ZahraMKZahraMK USMember

@batmaci said:

@ZahraMK said:

@cocowalla said:

all the pages are embedded resources? what do you mean?

I mean, for example, I had some embedding images in my PCL and unfortunately it's not supported in Xamarin Live Player yet . After I removed those resources, the issue was solved.

• EricBrunnerEricBrunner USMember ✭✭

Are there any updates to that issue? I tried connecting my mobile phones to my Win 10 devbox where I configured it as Mobile Hotspot (Wifi). My phones are connected to that Wifi Hotspot. I can access my devbox (e.g. ISS) or internet but after a few seconds after the Xamarin Live Player apps are connected to VS 2017 15.5.2 or VS 2017 15.6.0 Preview 1.1 (both Enterprise) on my Win10 devbox the connected is lost... Very frustrating... I can still access my devbox's ISS or internet from the phones after the Xamarin Live Player connections are lost.
    Doesn't seem to be production ready at all

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ericbrunner try it with a real WiFi network, works very well for us.
  • EricBrunnerEricBrunner USMember ✭✭

@JohnHair Thanks for your answer. I will try with a real WiFi Router,

• davidqwddavidqwd Member

Try this please, at least it works for me.

I got the same issue, "Lost Connection to Visual Studio" after paired and said Connected, when I open the "~/.Config/PlayerDeviceList.xml" file on my MacBook, I found that the IP Address configured in the DebuggerEndPoint element is 0.0.0.0:37847, so I changed it to the IP address shown on my device (you can get it by doing this : Xamarin Live Player -> About -> Connection Test -> Start Connection Test), Save the file, restart Visual Studio, and then it works and now when I start the Xamarin Live Player on my device, it says Waiting for Visual Studio.