CocosSharp nuget package for net standard 1.*

Hi, I've been updating my Xamarin.Forms app to use net standard libraries instead of PCLs but have hit a problem adding the CocosSharp package as it does not seem to be .Net standard enabled. I was previously using the CocosSharp for Xamarin.Forms package as I use the CocosSharpView in my app but this will no longer install with my .Net standard library. I'm a bit confused as I understood you could reference PCLs from .Net standard libraries but not vice versa.

I can see from looking on github that the CocosSharp.PCL project does appear to have been updated to v1.7.1 and has a version of the CocosSharpView.cs class, could someone please explain to me what my options are to enable me to use this with my .Net standard libraries.

Thanks, P.

Best Answer

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

You can reference PCLs from .NET Standard projects if you explicitly indicate the PCL profile is compatible. If you are using .NET Standard version 1 you can do this by adding a PackageTargetFallback. If you are using .NET Standard 2.0 then this property has changed to AssetTargetFallback.

• bittersweet69bittersweet69 GBMember ✭✭

Hi Matt,

I'm setting PackageTargetFallback as follows to try to get CocosSharp PCL package to load:-

$(PackageTargetFallback);portable-net45+win+wp81+wpa81+xamarinios10+monoandroid10+netcore

Seems like CocosSharp PCL may also want net40 setting, the package output console error is:-

Package CocosSharp.PCL.Shared 1.6.2 is not compatible with netstandard1.0 (.NETStandard,Version=v1.0). Package CocosSharp.PCL.Shared 1.6.2 supports:
    - monoandroid10 (MonoAndroid,Version=v1.0)
    - net40 (.NETFramework,Version=v4.0)
    - netcore (.NETCore,Version=v0.0)
    - portable-net45+win+wp81+wpa81 (.NETPortable,Version=v0.0,Profile=net45+win+wpa81+wp81)
    - wpa81 (WindowsPhoneApp,Version=v8.1)
    - xamarinios10 (Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0)

If I add net40 then I get compatibility issues with other packages (Xamarin.Forms, etc...). I'm a bit surprised no one else has hit this issue. If I have to build CocosSharp myself are there any docs on doing this?

Thanks,
    Peter.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Also .NET Standard 1.0 is not compatible with some PCL profiles.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/net-standard