Disconnect/Remove Account from Google Authentication

RobStellerRobSteller USMember ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

I have a Xamarin Forms project that uses Google Authentication as described here. On clicking "Log In", it launches a Presenter that displays the Google Log in page via web - it allows you to Choose an Account. The previously used accounts are displayed and users have the option to add another account as well. This all works fine. However, there's no way to remove an account from this list. Even if the app is uninstalled and reinstalled, the accounts still appear on the list. I have a users that share a device, so it's problematic that they can tap on their account to sign in without entering a password. Is it possible to remove accounts from the Choose an Account list?

Answers

• RobStellerRobSteller USMember ✭✭

I was able to figure out that it's Safari that is saving the account information. The only way to remove the accounts is to go to Safari and clear browsing history/data. Obviously this isn't a great solution to the problem as I need to be able to control this from my app.

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

The only way to remove the accounts is to go to Safari and clear browsing history/data.

Correct.

Obviously this isn't a great solution to the problem

Apple and Google think that mobile device is for personal use - so only one (1) user with one (1) account.

as I need to be able to control this from my app.

The main purpose of Native UI (external/system browser) is exactly that - not to be able to do it.