iOS - Find out where NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription requirement is coming from?

JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭

We're submitting a Xamarin.Forms app to the Apple App Store for the first time, and have got an email:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Our app doesn't knowingly access the Photo Library - so how do I work out where this is coming from?

I appreciate that components like ImagePickers might access the library - but we're not using an ImagePicker.

Any ideas how we can work out where this permission request is coming from?

Answers

• samankumarasamankumara USMember

You are not using but some libraries that you used using that. What are the libraries and frameworks that you used to build your app?

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭

@samankumara I know the libraries I'm using - I was wondering if there's an easy way to determine which library it is which is triggering this permission, rather than going through them individually trying to guess which it is!

• samankumarasamankumara USMember

@JamesLavery , as far as i know there is no way to find the location to check using easy way. IF we have all the source we can check text search on the code. But I think that's will not work since some source not available

• If you use HockeyApp, that might be the cause. See:

support.hockeyapp.net/kb/client-integration-cross-platform/how-to-integrate-hockeyapp-with-xamarin

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭
    Thanks - that's a possibility.