Image Sizes

BwerkBwerk GBMember ✭✭

I'm confused with image sizes, I have some png images in my app and I've put the all in the drawable folder in assets the app is working and the images look good on my phone and on the simulator, I need to make other image sizes to put in the other folders?

Best Answer

Answers

• BwerkBwerk GBMember ✭✭

@Fahad91 Thanks it helped but one last doubt, which size should be the images? Lets say I have a square icon that is 150 x150 pixels I should make an image that is 300 x 300 and an other 450 x 450

• Fahad91Fahad91 USMember ✭✭
    > @Bwerk said:
    > @Fahad91 Thanks it helped but one last doubt, which size should be the images? Lets say I have a square icon that is 150 x150 pixels I should make an image that is 300 x 300 and an other 450 x 450

That is correct, you have to make your size x 2 depending on guidance for each platform, but yes that is what xx@x2 and xx@x3 mean.

Just you should have a copy of same image but with different size , and when you run your app the image will be shown like original size which is 150x150 in your example even though it is bigger than 150 but os will take care of that .