Xamarin.Android.Common.targets - Name cannot begin with the '$' character, hexadecimal value

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(3,3): Warning: Name cannot begin with the '$' character, hexadecimal value 0x24.

I am building a Xamarin Forms application and I have been trying to resolve the issue. I just can't find online resources to get me through this. Is there anyone who knows whats causing this. There is no name that starts with '$'.

Answers

• AllisterAllister USMember ✭✭

two months later and a few xamarin/VS updates and we're getting this too.

"1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1727,3): warning : Name cannot begin with the '$' character, hexadecimal value 0x24."

with a netstandard 1.4 xamarin forms project.

related posts I've seen on stackoverflow (have unrelated/unhelpful comments), visual studio dev community and on here are yet to provide any potential answer or workaround...i'll see if bugzilla has this mentioned (it hasn't had any results in searches, but maybe if I go there directly)...