iPad Split Screen 50/50 not working correct with MasterDetailPage - only showing master page

TomaszB2TomaszB2 PLUniversity
edited September 14 in Xamarin.Forms

I have Xamarin.Forms app that uses MasterDetailPage.
On iPad, when using split screen set to 50/50 divide, application only shows master page, when I touch any list item, details page does not pop up.

Expected behavior would be to use either Popover style like in phone or master slide in from left.

When split is 75/25% application displays details page and master list can be slided in from left.

I have tested it with skeleton app copy pasted from documentation so any master/detail app should behave same.

• Yod.9936Yod.9936 USMember

Thank you for posting the question, I am having the same problem. Has anyone used MasterDetailPage and split screen/multitasking on iOS successfully?

Thank you.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use MasterDetailPage in my own app (I wrote my own equivalent), but I've just run a quick test using the Xamarin.Forms.MasterDetailPage using MasterBehavior.Split on iOS. Using XF 2.3.4.267, it works fine on my iPad in both landscape and portrait orientations. The split isn't 50:50, but I haven't seen any documentation that says it is expected to be.

If you're having problems with MasterDetailPage, post your code for people to review.

• TomaszB2TomaszB2 PLUniversity

The 50:50 split is the only place where problem exists.
    Even this sample exhibits the behavior (cannot see details pane when split is 50/50).

https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-forms-samples/tree/master/Navigation/MasterDetailPage

edited September 19

@TomaszB2 - Are you using MasterBehavior.Split. or MasterBehavior.Popover or MasterBehavior.Default?

What version of XF are you using?

• TomaszB2TomaszB2 PLUniversity

To be honest I tried setting it to all of those behaviors. Not sure if this is debugger flaw but in the end it was always auto-set to default behavior on Tablet - this is what I saw on breakpoint. XF were updated to lastest production version (not beta, etc).

@TomaszB2 - Using MasterBehavior.Split with 2.3.4.267 it appears to work as expected on iPad. I haven't tried 2.3.4.270 yet, as I haven't had a need to do that update yet.