Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Unhandled exception throws while reading the Uri link to load the data in XF Android

Dinesh4693Dinesh4693 INMember ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Cross Platform with Xamarin

My requirement is to fetch the data from a Uri link based on network connectivity and read the content in it and load the data asynchronously to ListView's ItemsSource property as like below code example.

`
public async void GetRequest()
{
if (NetworkCheck.IsInternet())
{
Uri geturi = new Uri("http://api.androidhive.info/pizza/?format=xml"); //replace your xml url
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
** HttpResponseMessage responseGet = await client.GetAsync(geturi);**
string response = await responseGet.Content.ReadAsStringAsync();
XDocument doc = XDocument.Parse(response);
foreach (var item in doc.Descendants("item"))
{
XmlPizzaDetails ObjPizzaItem = new XmlPizzaDetails();
ObjPizzaItem.id = item.Element("id").Value.ToString();
ObjPizzaItem.name = item.Element("name").Value.ToString();
ObjPizzaItem.cost = item.Element("cost").Value.ToString();
ObjPizzaItem.description = item.Element("description").Value.ToString();
ObjPizzaList.Add(ObjPizzaItem);
}
listviewPizza.ItemsSource = ObjPizzaList;
}
else
await DisplayAlert("XmlParsing","No network is available.","Ok");

ProgressLoader.IsVisible = false;
    }

`

The problem is, when the application is deployed in Xamarin Forms Android platform, Unhandled exception throws with no stacks trace. And runs perfectly in UWP platform.

I suspect that the issue arises due to running multiple threads in ListView control or Xamarin Forms controls including custom controls too.

So, can anyone please suggest me how do i resolve this issue. Please find the sample in the attachment.

Thanks in Advance,
Dinesh Babu Yadav