Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

How to sign an iOS app with just provisioning profile and distribution certificate.

TechieRathoreTechieRathore INUniversity ✭✭

Hi, My client has shared his distribution certificate file and provisioning profile to sign the iOS application. I have added the distribution certificate in my keychain and also added the provisioning profile (just by double clicking it, I am assuming that it is added in system).

However I am not able to view that certificate or provisioning profile in iOS application properties Singing option. Can anyone please help me out if they have signed an iOS application with just provisioning profile and distribution certificate.

Tagged:

Answers

• MMountainMMountain USMember ✭✭

You can't just share the certificate without the private key and identity that matches it.

Have your client export the certificate with the keys and send that to you. You can then import that into your Keychain.

• TechieRathoreTechieRathore INUniversity ✭✭

Hi Mike (@MMountain ), Thanks for your response, my client has only shared 4 files
    1) Security Certificate (.cer extension)
    2) SigningRequest (.p12 extension)
    3) SigningRequest Pem (.pem extension)
    4) .mobileprovision extension file

Out of these 4 I have added the certificate file in my Key chain and Provisioning profile file is automatically added wherever it is added on double clicking. but neither the certificate nor the provisioning profile is appearing in the project options of Visual Studio For Mac. Please help me out how can I do that .

• AvinashNaimpallyAvinashNaimpally USMember ✭✭

@SRaviKumar, did you find a solution for this?
    I am facing same problem.

• TechieRathoreTechieRathore INUniversity ✭✭

@AvinashNaimpally unfortunately I didn't found any solution to this and at-last customer has to go to some other vendor :(

• EsegeEsege Member ✭✭

@TechieRathore said:
    @AvinashNaimpally unfortunately I didn't found any solution to this and at-last customer has to go to some other vendor :(

Did you solve the problem TechieRathore?