Customer Support Disaster - Whats the Problem with their email and phone systems?

EdwardRushEdwardRush Edward RushUSMember ✭✭

Been trying to reach Xamarin Support through their number and email. Can get no reply. What is the problem with this group?

avery.coleman@xamarin.com

+1 (855) 926-2746

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller John Miller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@EdwardRush,

Sorry for the confusion! It may be an old number that you have. Here is the latest information for support: https://www.xamarin.com/support

Feel free to directly message me on here to discuss any specifics and I can help get you routed to the right place.

• EdwardRushEdwardRush Edward Rush USMember ✭✭

I am sending an email about my issue to support. Will you be able to have access to this?

• NMackayNMackay Norman Mackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Erm....there is no support now, even if your an enterprise customer. You have to use Microsoft's ticketing system (euuurrrgh) or pester people on twitter or hope someone on the forum will notice you.

Xamarin had world class support, it's a shame it's gone.

• EdwardRushEdwardRush Edward Rush USMember ✭✭

Thanks for your reply......I am experiencing this completely. I have been working to get certified, and now I am having doubts. I am two classes from my test, and no one has contacted me as they claim they would in the XAM101 video intro. I did open a Microsoft ticket. I don't think it is the Xamarin Team as it is Microsoft.

Microsoft drops the ball on so many things. I have been working in the .NET Compact Framework for over 10 years and they dropped the ball with the Rugged Device Support. We are locked into Windows Mobile 6.5 due complications with an operation called DEX that we have to do with Grocery Chains. The older OS at this point is the only truly stable support for it. Honeywell, and Zebra are working on this for Android now and I believe they may have this perfected now. So Goodbye Microsoft in the only Mobile area that they dominated. But they just let it go. Are they going to do the same with the Xamarin Team, where they dismantle a group that was highly effective without them buying the group out. Am I just wasting my time, and should learn Android through Google alone?

I think Microsoft are giving up on the mobile side, we've dumped Microsoft UWP devices at work after a brief but costly exercise and move to Android, as it's a Xamarin Forms app we were covered for all eventualities. Users just hated the devices and developing and deploying the UWP app was harder.

I don't see the engineering team from Xamarin been lost, it's been invested in, I just lament the loss of support (as do many Xamarin enterprise clients), support is one thing MS don't do well. They are all still there (mostly), it's just hard to get hold of them.

Regarding Xam uni, just post on the forums, also the lecturers are on the forums and twitter etc and very helpful, just don't use the old contact emails/numbers, you most likely won't get a response.

I think Microsoft are giving up on the mobile side, we've dumped Microsoft UWP devices at work after a brief but costly exercise and move to Android, as it's a Xamarin Forms app we were covered for all eventualities. Users just hated the devices and developing and deploying the UWP app was harder.

I don't see the engineering team from Xamarin been lost, it's been invested in, I just lament the loss of support (as do many Xamarin enterprise clients), support is one thing MS don't do well. They are all still there (mostly), it's just hard to get hold of them.

Regarding Xam uni, just post on the forums, also the lecturers are on the forums and twitter etc and very helpful, just don't use the old contact emails/numbers, you most likely won't get a response.