Forum Visual Studio

Can you share the protocol for Linux

Hello!
I am using the Xamarin.Forms Android on Linux for my project/work - https://github.com/igorkovalchuk/xamarin-forms-android-linux-tools
Can you share the protocol that you use in the Xamarin Live Player application?

• P.S. Personally I am interested in the "Live Run Current View" mode.

And one more question - do you re-compile the PCL dll every time (when it has been changed in "Live Run Current View") or you are using another approach?

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

We do not have plans to open source the protocol at this time.

There is no compilation done, everything is sent and interpreted on the device.

• Well, anyway think about that later.

Sharing the protocol (I do not need the full source code) is not the bad idea I think.

I have an idea how to do the similar thing on Linux, using the existing open source solution, but I have no time today for that to verify and implement.
    My today PCL compilation+deploy+run cycle lasts 5 seconds or so, it is ok, thank God!

Thank you!

• Igorko thanks a lot for your work - you're doing the right thing for the community!
    I'm also trying to build xamarin for gtk# under linux (this is the greatest upcoming xamarin feature for me - finally going toward true cross-platform)... I'll try your tools!