Introducing the Xamarin Certified Mobile Professional Badge

JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
edited August 29 in Xamarin Blog

August 28, 2017 - We just blogged about the brand new Xamarin Certified Mobile Professional badges and upgraded self-guided training.

• AfzalAliAfzalAli USMember ✭✭

Hi Team Xamarin, I am already Xamarin Certified Mobile Developer (April 2016-April 2017)

Do I need to start from XCMP or How should I proceed? Any suggestions?

• KarinaUngKarinaUng USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

@AfzalAli If you're already a certified mobile developer, you do not need to achieve the Xamarin Certified Mobile Professional. If you have an expired certification, you will need to renew to keep your certification status however, by following the renewal process (see Renewing Certification section).

Please also check out our FAQ page for common questions about the certification.

Hope that helps!
    Karina

• AfzalAliAfzalAli USMember ✭✭

Thanks for the reply :)

• MickriMickri NLUniversity

Hi Xamarin Team,

If you're a Xamarin Certified Mobile Developer, do you get a new set of hires badges, because I see the badges are changed ?

• NicholasBusbyNicholasBusby USMember
    I have to say. Xamarin Certified Mobile Professional sounds more prestigious then Xamarin Certified Mobile Developer but that is backwards from reality.
  • AndrewRevell.6602AndrewRevell.6602 USUniversity

I was just about to sit my Xamarin Certified Developer (3 hr) test when this changed.
    I am right to say I now need to sit the Xamarin Certified Professional exam first (which is 2 hrs)?

If so, what is the XCD test? One hour?

I'm asking as I am taking a day off to do this and would be handy to know what time I need!

• YuriShteinmanYuriShteinman CAUniversity ✭✭

Agree with @NicholasBusby :-)

• Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭

@AndrewRevell.6602 said:
    I was just about to sit my Xamarin Certified Developer (3 hr) test when this changed.
    I am right to say I now need to sit the Xamarin Certified Professional exam first (which is 2 hrs)?

If so, what is the XCD test? One hour?

I'm asking as I am taking a day off to do this and would be handy to know what time I need!

Hi,
    I just took successfully the first exam. It takes 2 hrs. So I could take a look at the next exam intro text and I see that its also 2 hrs. There are also 100 questions and 120 minutes to complete the exam.
    Good luck!

• Any one share your experience of taking the Xamarin Certified Mobile Professional exam ?

• theCodeWranglertheCodeWrangler USMember ✭✭

Do the iOS courses effectively require a Mac to complete? (I've only been writing internal apps for Android, so no Mac)

For those who are wondering what the exam is like, what you can do is you take the assessment test that allows you to bypass a couple of courses. During this exam you have 50 questions and 60 minutes to respond. This is the exact same type of questions with the same layout that you will get during the exam.
    You can get to this exam through the Certifications menu in the Requirements section.

@theCodeWrangler said:
    Do the iOS courses effectively require a Mac to complete? (I've only been writing internal apps for Android, so no Mac)

You need a Mac to compile and run your code in the simulator or on a device (iOS). So in this sense, if you don't want to check your code if it compiles on iOS then you don't need a Mac.

• theCodeWranglertheCodeWrangler USMember ✭✭
    edited September 19

Well, I suppose anyone can write their code in Notepad++ and get the same results. It would not be verifiable, you might miss critical initialization steps but it may be "good enough" for the exam.

It doesn't really inspire confidence. Hopefully, the initial assessment will give a better clue. At least Xamarin lets me create and load iOS apps now. Last time I tried creating an iOS project (can't reference the libraries without it), it prompted my to connect to a Mac before even loading.