September 20, 2017 - Dallas / Fort Worth - Accessibility In Mobile Apps

seansparkmanseansparkman Sean SparkmanUSInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

Title: Accessibility In Mobile Apps
Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Time: 6:30 PM
5445 Legacy Dr
Suite 100
Plano, TX
Link to RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/DFW-Mobile-NET/events/242806814/

Accessibility is a difficult but important aspect of mobile development. We will explore what accessibility means in cross platform applications. I'll show you how to code some basic accessibility functionality and how to plan your testing and accessibility coding practices. I hope you walk away with the desire and knowledge to make a great, accessible UX and how to meet your regulatory compliance goals.

Speaker: Andrew Strickland

Bio: Andrew Strickland is a Senior Mobile Engineer at Olo. He lives in Dallas, Texas, where he enjoys many hobbies, from 3d printing to swing dancing to racing. With a love for technology, he spends his extra coding time working on tools to make coding/testing easier and smart home integrations.

Lightning Talks:

We're going to open up the first 15-30 minutes to anyone who wants to do a lightning talk. I will bring adapters. Let me know if you're interested in giving a 5-10 minute talk before, and I will make sure I have the right kind of adapter.