how can i automate FB/Google Sign in which is a webview in Xamarin Form application.

RohitDhirRohitDhir USMember

I have used tools like sikuli in appium/Selenium but that is not being supported here, If any of you guys have automated FB and google sing in please share code. I have tried below mentioned code it clicks on webview field but does not enter any text.

app.ScrollDownTo(c => c.Css("input#m_login_email"));
app.EnterText(c => c.Css("input#m_login_email"), "Monkey");

Answers

• odappsdevodappsdev Member

I have found that for social login to work properly you will need to change the user-agent and for logging in do not open social login in a popup or new window, have social login redirect users in the same window on the website.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

webviews are no longer supported by google (facebook probably also). you will get blocked if you try webview. you must implement native logins. this is the best sample https://causerexception.com/2017/12/03/google-native-login-with-xamarin-forms/

For facebook it is the same on his repo, he has code for facebook also. if user has facebook app installed, xamarin.facebook nuget will use it, if not it will use web browser but never webview.