Using Xamarin with either Unity or CocoSharp or MonoGame

Hello Eveyone,

I have a scenario where I am building a game (for Android and iOS). Most of the game is just buttons, tables, listview along with very few animations and it could be easily built in Xamarin even using Forms.

However, there is one page which is actually the main page or you can say where the game logic rests, this will be a complex page - it will not be 3D more like ismoetric view or isometric projections (similar to map based games like Clash of Clans - attack page). I don't have much gaming experience and before I go into building this, I would really appreciate any advice on which engine to use.

I am more inclined towards Xamarin and Forms and have used it on previous projects I have worked on but none of it were games, there were animations involved though but not gaming level.

Should I use Unity3D and can this be used alongwith Xamarin or Xamarin Forms (I am not sure if this is even doable) or should I only use Unity3D and build the full game in it?
Should I use CoCoSharp (possible tiled) with Xamarin?
Should I use MonoGame?

Thanks.

Answers

• EsaKEsaK SEMember ✭✭

I would recommend checking out UrhoSharp. I have very positive experience with it (but I'm mostly using the 3D stuff).

• DakshalDakshal USMember

Thanks. I'll check that out.