Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Developing for Bluetooth, switching to LivePlayer to test

I need BT in my application, and the emulator in VS2017 doesn't support it => need to test on device using Liveplayer.

When I take a build that works fine on the Android emulator (VisualStudio_Android-23__x86_phone(Android 6.0 - API23), and try and deploy it on phone, I get a Pop-up with 5 errors, all related to the same underlying issue. "The type or namespace name 'Json' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

I'm new to Xamarin, so still on a steep learning curve. I have checked the References under the *.Android tab in Solution Explorer and System.Json is ticked.
In the file using Json (MainPage.Xaml.cs) I have _using System.Json_;
(1) What am I doing wrong?
(2) Is there an easier way to test Bluetooth other than Xamarin Liveplayer?

Answers

• gregmatthewsgregmatthews GBMember ✭✭

It seems my phone is an antique, swapped to a newer one and the problem went away.

Hmm, spoke to soon. For no apparent reasons, after a good half day compiling and deploying fine the error is back. I believe I've backed out all my edits.

It went away again yesterday evening, but now the error is back very frustrating. Not clear what I'm doing to provoke it. All I've done since yesterday afternoon is edit some XAML to style a ListView, and bind data to it.

Today I can build for the simulator, but if I build for a Liveplayer phone (Android 7.0 - API24), then I get errors that Json does not exist in the namespace 'System', am I missing an assembly or reference?

The reference is there in the Android project (system.json 2.0.5.0). In desperation yesterday I clicked 'Copy Local' to true, and the problem seemed to go away (coincidence?). It is still set to true and the problem is back.