Stable Channel (and VS 2017): 15.3.2 Servicing Release

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan ZagaeskiUSForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited August 22 in General

Please see https://releases.xamarin.com/stable-release-15-3-2/ for the details about this release, including the steps to update or downgrade as needed.

Please also see https://releases.xamarin.com/stable-release-15-3-2/ for a summary of fixes included in this release and remaining common issues from the Xamarin 15.3 release.

This release is now available as part of Visual Studio 2017 version 15.3 and in the Stable updater channels for Visual Studio 2017 for Mac and Xamarin Tools for Visual Studio 2015.

Bug reports wanted!

• Please file a quick bug report using the "15.3 Release" new bug form if you see any suspicious behavior in these versions that you wish to report.

• If you get any errors when using the form to submit, please select the All Products option and choose the desired product.
  • Comment in this forum thread if your question is not related to a suspicious behavior after download, but instead one of the following:

• You notice an error in the Release Blog post.
    • You have trouble downloading one of the installer packages.

Compatibility notes

• Xamarin Tools for Visual Studio version 4.6.0 and higher require Visual Studio 2015 or higher. See the last section of the release notes for additional information.

• AndrewMobileAndrewMobile Andrei N USMember ✭✭✭✭

With latest Xamarin I see a strange change.
    I have a method which returns a dynamic type:

dynamic M1(string s) 
    {
    }

which is called like this

static T M2<T>(string s)
    {
          return M1(s);
    }

this used to work fine before latest stable Android release.
    Now I am getting exception

dynamic Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot implicitly convert type 'object' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable

I have to cast to make it work:

static T M2<T>(string s)
    {
          (T)return M1(s);
    }

• VictorArce.8951VictorArce.8951 Victor Arce MXMember ✭✭
    edited August 31

Hi Brendan, thanks for keeping Xamarin going. I wanna report a bug when trying to update:

1) Downloaded update files (check screenshot)
    2) Nothing happens when I click on Install
    3) I downloaded manually the latests universal installer and can't install also (it opens it, but when clicked on next, nothing happened)
    4) The "new version notification" stopped showing up when opening a xamarin project.

I updated my mac without issues, and I can still connect (maybe it updated the version, i dunno)

Please advice

Regards

P.S. Im using VS2015

• magic67magic67 magic Sixty-seven USMember ✭✭

I'm experiencing same issue as @VictorArce.8951
    On VS2015, nothing happens after the install button is pressed.

If I open the Xamarin Updates window again the list of "Pending to install" updates are still there.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I wanna report a bug when trying to update

Please file a quick bug report using the "15.3 Release" new bug form. Thanks in advance!

You might also be able to work around the problem by running the cached downloaded installer by hand, located in:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\MonoDevelop-4.0\Cache\TempDownload

(For quick reference, I double-checked the update behavior briefly in one local test Visual Studio 2015 environment, starting with Xamarin 4.6.0.297 for Visual Studio 2015, downloading the update, and then clicking the Install button. The installer ran as expected for that quick test, so I expect there are some specific environment details needed to hit the issue. The team can help investigate further on a bug report.)

• FlorianStruckFlorianStruck Florian Struck USMember

Same issue as @VictorArce.8951 in VS2015 here...