Forum Visual Studio

missing cross platform features

suhailummerkuttysuhailummerkutty USMember ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Visual Studio

i have installed visual studio2017 for cross platfrom development with xamarin. while am creating a new project am only getting " blank app" ,"master detilas"am not getting " blank app (xaml)". i tried to develop with blank app but am not getting the other features like listpageviw and all. how can i overcome this

Answers

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

Blank app, as name suggest it doesn't included any predefined/templated pages, you can notice that default MainPage is a XAML page. So, you don't necessarily need a blank app (xaml) template

• suhailummerkuttysuhailummerkutty USMember ✭✭
    edited August 2017

@prashantvc sir but am not getting any other crossplatform features like listpage view and am not getting crossplatform option while trying to add a new xaml page.any updates or extension am i supposed to do?

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@suhailummerkutty Show us what you are seeing.

edited August 2017

@ShantimohanElchuri sir am not getting crossplatform in left side under visual c# and also xamlpage in the right side list
    .list view page is there but it didn't work properly

@suhailummerkutty No problem. We also seeing the same thing. Here is the explanation:

1. First, since you are adding an item to a cross-platform project, all the items in the list are pertain to the cross-platform.
    2. Second, now Xamarin templates default to XAML. That's why the pages that are non-xaml have got the C# suffix.

@ShantimohanElchuri sir thanks for the information. i need a xamlpage which is not available in the list. how can i get it?

Select the 2nd item "Content Page" for XAML page.