iOS Remoted Simulator Stuck

Any master list of tips for getting the iOS Remote Simulator unstuck?

I have a brand spanking new VS Enterprise 2017 install, with 15.3.1, VS Mac, Stable, up to date on the Mac side.

The first way it failed was the "Connecting to simulator" loop. Then I read a bit and re-installed iOS Remote 1.1.1 as suggested and it did the "Updating..." bit, but then once again fell back into the "Connecting... " loop fail.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @AdamHill ,

I am not sure,if this is the case with you, though there is similar bug already open

Check the thread, hope this helps.

Regards,
    N Baua

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdamHill I too had issues after update VS to 15.3.1. Of course your symptoms are not the same as mine but I did have resolved similar issue with the same kind of remedy I discussed here.

Basically you can try the following:

1. Run the Xcode once as after the Xamarin in VS updated, Xcode need to install some mobile components.
    2. You may be better off by running once the default app in Xcode in a simulator on Mac itself. That did help me sometimes.
    3. Reboot both Mac and Windows machines.
    4. Check if the versions of Xamarin.iOS are having the same numbers for Major & Minor versions. It's OK if they differ only in the 4th part of the version string. If not it will better to first repair the VS or uninstall and reinstall the Xamarin part of VS.
    5. Last but not the least, telling us how you resolved this issue...ThanQ...
  • AlanClarkAlanClark USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited August 2017

@AdamHill I've raised this bug report here:

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=59048

It would be really useful if you could add yourself to the CC list, include your simulator logs in a comment in Bugzilla from here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Xamarin\Logs\Xamarin.Simulator

...and server logs from the Mac...

~/Library/Logs/Xamarin/Simulator.Server

Also if you could include you version info for both systems:

Visual Studio
    Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio -> Copy Info [button]

VS in OS X
    Visual Studio for Mac -> About Visual Studio for Mac -> Show Details -> Copy Information [button]

• nefgrixisnefgrixis Member ✭✭

Was this ever solved? I'm still having this problem. The connection is fine, but when trying to run the application it just hangs on "Checking Server"

bump

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@nefgrixis said:
    Was this ever solved? I'm still having this problem. The connection is fine, but when trying to run the application it just hangs on "Checking Server"

It looks like the bug report linked by Alan above never left the need info state as none of the requested info was provided. Getting the info requested by Alan above would be a good first step in tracking down what is going on. If you do not want to provide such in a public forum, you can open a free email support case and we can work with you on sorting this out via email.

quitting the mono64 process on the Mac has been working for me so far whenever this happens

• nh43denh43de Member

Seriously, restart your mac. I was having a lot of issues with this (tried updating VS, no luck), and quit Mono64 (was not responsive on mac), and the problem was solved - but still had issues.

After noticing my mac had been running for 61 days, I restarted it.

Everything runs great now.

• @nefgrixis said:
    quitting the mono64 process on the Mac has been working for me so far whenever this happens

this worked for me