Reference a Java SDK in Xamarin?

(I'm completely green to Android Studio, and I reference it here because it's the only way I have access to the SDK I need in my Xamarin App)

So, I have a java SDK which I've been given access to, which I have added to an Android Studio "Hello World" project via a Maven URL and a compile directive (in the build.gradle files).

How would I go about extracting this SDK from the project so that I can use it in my Xamarin.Android app?

Sorry this is so open ended, but I'm quite lost here.

Answers

• SunilBhagwat.4962SunilBhagwat.4962 USMember ✭✭

Dear LanceKing

Android studio is a separate software, Xamarin visual studio is different and Xamarin studio is also different . Java SDK is installed in programs and if you are using xamarin visual studio setting is given in Tools --> Options --> Xamarin
    from where you can change version of sdk. below image will show you settings.

or
    set Java_Home path in system variables.

to get java sdks in your project.

Sunil Bhagwat

• LanceKingLanceKing USMember ✭✭

Thanks for trying to help here Sunil, but I'm not having trouble with "Java SDKs", it's an SDK "written in Java" that I'm trying to use/reference in my app. I've made a little progress, but now my questions are quite different so I'll just post a new topic.

Thanks though!