Using Profiler standalone or with Xamarin Studio?

JosephMartinezJosephMartinez USMember ✭✭

I am a small independent developer, and cannot afford VS Enterprise, but I really need to do some memory profiling on my Android app.

The Profiler website says, "The profiler is a separate process from the IDE, and so, in addition to launching from Visual Studio, it can be used as a standalone application to examine .exe and .mlpd files which have been produced from the mono log profiler."

Is there any information on how to actually do that?

I followed the "mono log profiler" link, and I don't understand what to do. It lists some commands, but I have no idea of where to type them in.

Another question: The Profiler website says that it also works with Xamarin Studio. I know that Xamarin Studio has been discontinued, but can I still use it to run the profiler? If so, where can I download the final version? The Xamarin website seems to only provide links to download Visual Studio.

Thanks,
Joe

• RodrigoMoyaRodrigoMoya ESXamarin Team Xamurai

For desktop .exe profiling, just open the profiler and select the .exe you want to profile and just run it through the profiler.

For Android/iOS profiling, I'm afraid this needs IDE integration, which requires the VS Enterprise license.