problem in the activation of Xamarin

2»

• SpoiledTechieSpoiledTechie USMember

@mhutch, I realize the need to have it activated. Really, I do being a developer my self. While I am okay with that, I would truly LOVE for you to look into other options as well. Just to get you an idea, your activation server seems to have caused over 50 developers "Stop Work" and that shouldn't ever happen. We both understand time is money. I just need you to at least think about other options please. I would greatly appreciate it.

• mhutchmhutch Xamurai USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2013

@SpoiledTechie: We do understand that this is extremely important and the system was designed and tested to allow activated installations to work offline and when the activation server was unavailable. Unfortunately the activation server misbehaved under heavy load in a specific way that we had not anticipated, and triggered a bug in the client that deactivated licenses. We have already fixed the server and we're in the process of testing hotfixes for the clients, which should be rolled out very soon.

• SpoiledTechieSpoiledTechie USMember

@mhutch thank you. Thats what I wanted to hear. Maybe you need to have a status page for Xamarin functions. Like an Up/Down status page for all the services that is shown to the public. Just a thought.

• mhutchmhutch Xamurai USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Good idea, I'll mention it to our web team!

• brajkovicbrajkovic Xamurai USXamarin Team, University Xamurai

@patlaplante You should be all set now, please try again—there was an oddity with your account that was causing the server to return an erroneous error message. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• LORENZOCASTILLORUBIOLORENZOCASTILLORUBIO ESMember
    edited December 2013

I can't activate business account in vs2013 after update to lastet version of xamarin: Too many machines are using your xamarin subscription

I tried to deactivate and reactivate this machine but not work. Paste screenshots.

Edit: in vs2012 does not work, in xamarin studio work perfectly.

• BobDickinsonBobDickinson USMember

I just hit this. I moved my Mac and Windows machines to a new location. Fired up the build server on the Mac without an issue. Ran Visual Studio and got a "Too many machines are using your Xamarin subscription". Of course it helpfully offers to show me the active machines so I can deactivate one, and exactly the two machines that have always been activated (including the one it's freaking out on) are listed. And it's repeating the "failed to update Android license" and "failed to updated iOS license" repeatedly in the output window.

So just for fun, I deactivate the machine that I'm on, and then Xamarin re-activates it, and it seems to work. Did it really never occur to anyone at Xamarin that people might move their machines and connect from a different location from time to time? If I have to do this every time I move (say from "work" to "home"), I'm going to consider that a giant fail.

• ShrinivasMahamuniShrinivasMahamuni ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

I am getting the below error while, using xamarin.android with vs requires business edition or higher.

at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.RunWorkflows(IEnumerable1 workflows, Object parentWindow) at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.AuthorizeFeatures(Object parentWindow, IList1 features)
    at Mono.VisualStudio.Shell.ShellPackage.AsynchronouslyUnloadProjects()
    at Mono.VisualStudio.Shell.ShellPackage.b__3()
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
    at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
    at System.Windows.Window.Show()
    at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
    at Xwt.WPFBackend.DialogBackend.RunLoop(IWindowFrameBackend parent)
    at Xwt.Dialog.<>c__DisplayClass1.b__0()
    at Xwt.Toolkit.InvokePlatformCode(Action a)
    at Xwt.Dialog.Run(WindowFrame parent)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.RunWorkflows(IEnumerable1 workflows, Object parentWindow) at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.AuthorizeFeatures(Object parentWindow, IList1 features)
    at Mono.VisualStudio.Shell.ShellPackage.AsynchronouslyUnloadProjects()
    at Mono.VisualStudio.Shell.ShellPackage.b__3()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

• chiranjeevichiranjeevi ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

Hi Xamarin team ,

We got below error in Xamarin ios

We got
    @"" unexpected end of file. following elements are not closed cookie, Security token ""@ ,

when i was loading the webview and save the cookie and using that cookie getting data from server , Xamarin ios Every time cookes changed

Please find the screen shot

• LPKLPK USUniversity
    edited September 2014

I have this problem for one full day.. back again... still not rectified????

I am able to activate and deactivate subscription on a MAC machine

But on windows machine I keep getting " too many machine are activated".. after a number of retires doing install/uninstall.

Some help needed

Using : Xamarin.VisualStudio_Setup-3.3.47.msi