Firebase Analytics supports for Xamarin.Forms?

I want to integrate Firebase analytic with the Xamarin.Form application so I wanted to know

Firebase analytics support for Xamarin.forms?

How can I integrate with it?

Answers

• RaymondKellyRaymondKelly USMember ✭✭✭

Yes, it does, but you need to handle the logic in each project. So basically:
    1. Add Firebase Analytics nuget package to each platform project (you don't need it in the Forms project)
    2. Follow the instructions for each platform for initializing Firebase.

iOS AppDelegate - FinishedLaunching
    Firebase.Analytics.App.Configure();

Android MainActivity - OnCreate
    firebaseAnalytics = FirebaseAnalytics.GetInstance(this);

• kalkotekedarkalkotekedar USMember ✭✭

@RaymondKelly Then how can I manage the click events happen through the xamarin.forms?

• RaymondKellyRaymondKelly USMember ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

You will need to create a dependancy service in each platform. In my case I made a class called Analytics. IOS example:

[assembly: Xamarin.Forms.Dependency(typeof(App.iOS.Analytics))] namespace App.iOS { public class Analytics : IAnalytics {....

I then have a function for each type of event I want to log. E.g.
    'public void ConnectToServer(Server server)
    {

try
            {
                NSString[] keys = { new NSString(Global.ANALYTICS_CONNECTION_ESTABLISHED) };
                NSObject[] values = { new NSString(server.FullAddress) };
                var parameters = NSDictionary<NSString, NSObject>.FromObjectsAndKeys(values, keys, keys.Length);
                Firebase.Analytics.Analytics.LogEvent(EventNamesConstants.Login, parameters);
            }
            catch
            {
                // Ignore
            }
        }`

• kalkotekedarkalkotekedar USMember ✭✭

@RaymondKelly Thanks for your reply hope this will work for me

• WojciechKulikWojciechKulik USMember ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Hi,

is there any way to use old Google Analytics Api, becasue I don't see this option anymore on web panel - there is only Firebase.

When I add to Xamarin.iOS project the nuget package with Firebase I get those errors:

• TedebusTedebus USMember ✭✭

@RaymondKelly said:
    Yes, it does, but you need to handle the logic in each project. So basically:
    1. Add Firebase Analytics nuget package to each platform project (you don't need it in the Forms project)
    2. Follow the instructions for each platform for initializing Firebase.

iOS AppDelegate - FinishedLaunching

Android MainActivity - OnCreate
    firebaseAnalytics = FirebaseAnalytics.GetInstance(this);

Hi,
    can you tell me because I'm getting this strange error?

Error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'App' does not exist in the namespace 'Firebase.Analytics' (are you missing an assembly reference?) (CS0234)

It refers to:

Here you can see Firebase resources on my project:

What do you think is going wrong?

Thank you in advance!

• TedebusTedebus USMember ✭✭

Well... I solved after 3 minutes from last post. I'm sorry!
    I don't know why but something changed.
    Actually "Firebase.Analytics." doesn't longer contain the "App" class.
    It's now in "Firebase.Core"! :/
    I downloaded the sample project from GitHub to try to compile and I saw it.
    Taking a look to the documentation I see that (now) it's written:

Add the following line of code somewhere in your app, typically in your AppDelegate's FinishedLaunching method (don't forget to import Firebase.Core namespace):

I'm quite sure it was in Analytics in the past because I was able to compile the code some months ago.

• SabariManoSabariMano USMember

@Tedebus. Your right, "Firebase.Core" working for me.

Thank you!

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭
    Is it also possible to use it in uwp application?
  • I tried to install Firebase.Analytic on IOS project and I got the below error. Do anyone experience the same issue? What would be the solution?

Could not install package 'Xamarin.Firebase.Analytics 42.1021.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

• ioantakisioantakis GRMember

KahFaiLok. You are trying to install the android version in iOS. Search for Xamarin iOS firebase Analytics.

• App.Configure method was moved from Firebase.Analytics namespace to Firebase.Core namespace in the mayor release from v3.x to v4.x. Please, import Firebase.Core to your libraries to use this method.