Forum Visual Studio

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Intellisense not working in visual studio 2017 for XAML

I have tried so many solutions but the Intellisense sometime work and sometimes it is not working.
How can I solve this problem?

Best Answers

Answers

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

Could you elaborate on the problem?
    What did you try so far?

• UnreachableCodeUnreachableCode USMember ✭✭✭

Have you tried closing the file after making the change and re-opening it? That was my (brief) issue.

• XusanRahimovXusanRahimov USMember ✭✭

Thanks @Seb91 your solution worked for me.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@PierceBoggan said:
    If you haven't already, you should try Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7 or higher. It contains significant improvements to the XAML editing experience:
    https://blog.xamarin.com/new-xamarin-forms-xaml-intellisense-visual-studio-2017/

Using the solution posted above will cause this ^ not to work.

why is this even accepted as a solution? this is just a general information and problem exist in vs 2019

• PrayagPrayag Member

In my case,
    1) I exclude any file from project and included it again.
    2) Close all documents and open any file u want.

this solution worked for me many times

• Juansero29Juansero29 USMember ✭✭
    edited April 2020

​In my case, the solution to the IntelliSense on Xamarin XAML files was tied to NuGet package references, I think especially the Xamarin.Forms package. If you have the yellow warning symbol on your packages, you have to get through the following steps on your specific project:

​- Make sure it builds without errors

• Pass an MSBuild /restore [path to the specific project] in CL
      ​- Pass a .\nuget restore at your solution in CL

• Close and reopen your solution

• Right-click on the concerned XAML file > Open With... > Make sure to have"XAML Designer" or "Xamarin.Forms Previewer" set to default for XAML files

You should now have IntelliSense.

​In my case, that made the yellow warnings disappear, then XAML IntelliSense worked again on Xamarin.Forms files

• JunedJuned Member ✭✭

Try building the project and deploying the project. There may be error in some dll or in some C# code. Try fixing all the errors in your C# code, after that dll errors will be automatically fixed. Now Code Completion and Intellisense should work in XAML. If not try Clean-Build the solution again. If no errors are encountered, XAML Code Completion and Intellisense will work.